Talk

Advanced search

Just HOW pathetic can Liz Jones get?

(35 Posts)
itchyandscratchy Sun 19-Jul-09 19:57:55

at MILs today and made the mistake of picking up the You magazine.

here

BitOfFun Sun 19-Jul-09 20:02:37

There really is no limit. The woman is a bottomless pit of self-obsession, and sometimes it feels like the newspapers that print her tripe are failing in some sort of duty of care to allow her to say things in public.

littlelamb Sun 19-Jul-09 20:03:56

SHe makes my eyeballs itch. If she weren't so vile I would feel sorry for her

littlelamb Sun 19-Jul-09 20:06:59

This is delicious:

If you are single, not in the first flush of youth, have a cat and are child free, it seems you are fair game. Well, I’m sick of it. Whenever my ex-husband made an ageist comment I would retaliate by saying, ‘At least I’m not fat and ugly.’ To which he would reply, ‘Count your blessings, eh?’ Totally missing the point that my remark was aimed at him.

SHe is the epitome of crazy cat lady. I think her and SuBo would get along

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 19-Jul-09 20:07:19

interesting littlelamb.
She makes my teeth itch.

I have nary read anything so bog boring ever (except for the slummy mummy column in the times.)

squilly Sun 19-Jul-09 20:07:30

Agree. She writes as if she's shallow, self centred and a complete bitch.

Perhaps that's what she's aiming for though? She's certainly keen to show us how much money she has to spend on everything.

Awful woman.

KingRolo Sun 19-Jul-09 20:08:39

Blimey.

That's really very sad. In both senses of the word.

itchyandscratchy Sun 19-Jul-09 20:09:33

the levels to which she will go to in revealing every single tiniest detail of her life and self-pity is almost gynaecological.

It's much much more car-crash than kerry katona or anyone like that. It's just that LJ's is literary (if you can refer to all that drivel as 'literary') rather than the comic book-style cataloging of KT's life in photos

bleurccccchchhhhhhhhhh

TheBolter Sun 19-Jul-09 20:11:45

I've never been her greatest fan, but I do agree with you Rolo, what a sad sad article.

The bit about becoming even more selfish at the end made me chuckle a bit though.

itchyandscratchy Sun 19-Jul-09 20:11:50

yes, KingRolo - agree. I said that to dh and when he read it he said 'sad because she's so pathetic or sad that the MoS pay her for writing it or sad that Mother still sees fit to buy this crap every Sunday?'

lol

BitOfFun Sun 19-Jul-09 20:29:30

Do you reckon she makes the point of calling the dog Carmen at the end because that's the name of the ex-friend she "lavished"?

I bet it is.

lottiejenkins Mon 20-Jul-09 10:25:32

Shes always going on about a handsome married farmer too. Wonder what his wife makes of that? Oh and the times the Vet gets called out to her house.......... bet he makes a mint from her!

louii Mon 20-Jul-09 10:28:01

Is she actually a real person, i just assumed it was a made up column as its such drivel.

TsarChasm Mon 20-Jul-09 10:30:20

'Fur Baby'hmm Gawd help us!

LaurieFairyCake Mon 20-Jul-09 10:30:28

I feel really sorry for her.

I nearly emailed her yesterday but then realised that was probably a bit twatty of me seeing as I don't actually know her. hmm

cocolepew Mon 20-Jul-09 10:31:43

I only found out this morning she's an ex-editor of Marie Claire, that can't be right Marie Claire was always a good magazine hmm

itchyandscratchy Mon 20-Jul-09 10:50:46

I used to read MC when she edited it and always assumed she was on top of her game, successful, career-minded, girl-about-town, etc.

and then she started writing her column (did she start it in the ST Style section many years ago?) all around the time she and her ex-husband started seeing one another, when eh was still the boyfriend and it was all romantic...

and it all seems to have gone pear-shaped from then on in. She obviously was a bit flaky to begin with anyway but it just didn't come across. But her subsequent blogs and columns just went mental when she was married and then I think he did one as well - and he is a self-centred, egotistical bore as well - cataloguing their split. Proper car crash stuff.

and now she's just mad.

It is sad. but I can't drum up any sympathy I'm afraid: there are so many other people who deserve it more.

noddyholder Mon 20-Jul-09 17:20:43

She is the WORST

pagwatch Mon 20-Jul-09 17:23:53

oh i think if she really aims for the sky she could be a total sad bint. She is well on her way. She just needs to focus on the home stretch

crokky Mon 20-Jul-09 17:42:40

The article made me feel like hiding under my desk, it was embarassing. I feel I should write something to defend her - her "friend" was mean saying to her that she was playing at being mummy etc.

Yurtgirl Mon 20-Jul-09 17:48:41

I have no idea at all who liz jones is - should I?

itchyandscratchy Tue 21-Jul-09 11:45:23

No, Yurtgirl; for this you should be eternally grateful.

Yurtgirl Tue 21-Jul-09 12:32:23

So how is it that you all know?

I am confused!

vonsudenfed Tue 21-Jul-09 12:37:24

I'm quite amused by the links below the article though

Catch up on Liz's journals
- In which I count the ways I have been downright insulted
- In which the weather breaks, along with my resolve
- In which I grapple with a baby stoat

The last one is quite tempting, particularly if the stoat has some chance of winning...

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 22-Jul-09 21:26:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now