Talk

Advanced search

SJP's twins are born

(14 Posts)
Coochicoo Tue 23-Jun-09 20:51:28

Congrats to SJP and Matthew Broderick!

They're going to have their hands full!

Curiousmama Tue 23-Jun-09 20:53:41

Yes they are. Happy for them they've stayed together though after their troubles. I wish them well smile

Gunnerbean Tue 23-Jun-09 21:25:36

She used a surrogate didn't she? So are these children only biologically Matthew Brokerick's?

caspercat Tue 23-Jun-09 21:47:04

OMG! Ferris Bueller didn't age well, did he shock?

TwoIfBySea Tue 23-Jun-09 22:14:19

Marion and Tabitha...really?

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 23-Jun-09 22:15:43

good news
but they really do not look like a couple!

Coochicoo Wed 24-Jun-09 07:51:26

I don't know about that Gunnerbean.

I agree that Ferris Bueller didn't age well!!I hope they're fine as a couple; maybe all the rumours of their marriage being on the rocks stemmed from problems relating to ttc? It is very stressful.

Ondine Wed 24-Jun-09 09:51:23

Tabitha Hodge Broderick and Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick.

I think Tabitha got the better name.

minko Wed 24-Jun-09 11:40:21

I thought a surrogate was impregnated with an embryo (or two) from the couple? Not just sperm from the daddy... That wouldn't seem very fair.

muffle Wed 24-Jun-09 11:43:36

Aww, I think he looks OK, if slightly like a mad victorian poet in that pic.

Tabitha Hodge? Middle name HODGE??? <boggles>

Littlefish Wed 24-Jun-09 11:45:32

It can be either way Minko - it depends on what the couple's fertility difficulties are. Fair doesn't really come into it. It would be the same as someone using donor sperm as part of IVF or IUI.

PortAndLemon Wed 24-Jun-09 11:50:01

Elwell and Hodge are apparently family names on SJP's side (their son was named after MB's father).

Gunnerbean Thu 25-Jun-09 15:54:30

The story goes that they had trouble trying to conceive so you would have thought that if they'd been able to create viable embryos between them through IVF that they would have been put back into SJP rather than some other random woman.

More often than not the surrogates are the biological mothers of the children and the fathers have donated the sperm.

I have seen a programme about a gay cople who used a surrogate. They carefully selected an egg donor from an Americal website who was (what they considered to be at least) stunningly beautiful and uber itelliget and they then fertilised her eggs with their sperm and put them back into a surrogate they'd also carefully chose. She was, as they said, large and lazy and they described her as the ideal surrogate in their eyes because she sat around all day watching TV and didn't do anything that risky that might harm the unborn babies! They said they would never have considered using her eggs but she was the ideal surrogate. Charming!!

Anyway, back to SJP, it seems that she's keeping schtum over whether these children are biologically hers or not.

hifi Thu 25-Jun-09 18:03:56

cany wait to see how she dresses them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now