Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tana Ramsay

(23 Posts)
TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 01-Nov-08 15:48:52

Have two of her cookbooks and actually like most of the recipes. BUT I find it totally farking annoying to read in the "blurb" section at the front of one of the books how she is "renowned for being hands on" with her kids. As though that should be something we should suddenly fall to our knees to praise?? Erm.....shouldn't every parent be hands on? Regardless of whether we can afford to pay nannies or not??

I think this can be applied to many slebs who claim not have help etc. You know, that they should be put on a pedestal for (shock, horror) parenting their own children!

greenlawn Sat 01-Nov-08 16:50:24

Haven't read the book or seen any of the recipes, but then why would I? Last I remember a couple of years ago her DH was stating in a magazine article that she wasn't f-ing allowed in his f-ing kitchen because the only f-ing cooking she ever did was to heat up an f-ing ready-meal f-ing shepherds pie ....

slackrunner Sat 01-Nov-08 16:53:47

Tis bolleaux that they don't have help. I've read other interviews that state that she and Gordy go off to somewhere hot on their own for a fortnight every year, and apparently they also have lie ins on Sunday mornings with champagne (whilst a nanny looks after the kids). I don't begrudge them their help (hey, I have childcare whilst I work), but it does get on my norks when they pretend that they have no help.

turquoise Sat 01-Nov-08 16:53:49

Wasn't she due to come on mn to be ripped to shreds for a webchat?

Did she come? Was there bloodshed? Or did she get Scheherezadeitis?

slackrunner Sat 01-Nov-08 16:54:55

pmsl at Scheherezadeitis

I do wonder what MNHQ are thinking of sometimes when they choose the guest schlebs.

Saturn74 Sat 01-Nov-08 16:55:58

She did the webchat.
Did OK.

avaTsar Sat 01-Nov-08 16:56:13

I suppose it's to allay the assumption many might have that she will have 'staff'.

God I'd love staff though..grin

slackrunner Sat 01-Nov-08 16:57:13

But she does have staff, that's the thing...

avaTsar Sat 01-Nov-08 16:57:39

Oh hang oh just read slacks post. Now I hate her <fickle and jealous>

avaTsar Sat 01-Nov-08 16:58:11

Sorry we are x posting madly aren't we!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 01-Nov-08 17:31:55

Oh don't get me wrong, I am all for having "staff" <<Mrs JS stares wistfully into the distance and imagines.....>> I just think its a joke for slebs to pretend they are Uber Parents. Like "look how amazingly hot/cute/successful we are and we still have time to rustle up pancakes and smoothies for breakfast whilst surrounded by adorable designer-clad, snot-free kids" wink

love the idea of champagne in bed with Gordon on a sunday morning though........shock

greenlawn Sat 01-Nov-08 17:37:29

I bet while Mr and Mrs R are in bed enjoying champagne and eggs benedict, the kids are downstairs with "the person who isn't a nanny" stuffing their faces with cocopops and sunny-d.

sweetcat Sat 01-Nov-08 17:39:40

I remember watching something about the Ramsey's in their house and in the background she was opening a jar of baby food. If she can't even feed her babies home cooked food she isn't worth a wank.

traceybath Sat 01-Nov-08 17:40:21

She was fab on the webchat and answered my question about regretting having her fringe cut so we're like best mates and i won't have a word said against her smile

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sat 01-Nov-08 17:45:55

PMSL laughing greenlawn!!

I reckon they're probably on the Pop Tarts and Fruit Shoots myself

slackrunner Sat 01-Nov-08 17:50:57

Don't forget the sausage rolls.

IIRC she gets a lot of support from her family too. No shame in that, but I think if you are lucky enough to be in that situation (we are not) you shouldn't spend your time crowing about how little 'paid' help you have.

mabanana Sat 01-Nov-08 18:20:50

ffs, I gave my kids jars as part of the mix. I think people need to get a grip, frankly.

someother Sat 01-Nov-08 18:23:59

her sister looks after the children, she has a housekeeper.
i imagine she's as hands on as she can be. if she wanted to swap with me for a bit i wouldnt mind! good luck to her.

carrotsandpeasifyouplease Sat 01-Nov-08 19:20:46

when she brought the book out i was gobsmacked, he spent years slagging her off for not being able to cook. irrationally can't stand the woman.

sweetcat Sat 01-Nov-08 20:00:34

mabanana, I presume you aren't a professional chef? No excuse IMO.

captainmummy Sun 02-Nov-08 10:49:16

Sweetcat - tana ramsey is not a professional chef. She just happens to be married to one - doesn't make her any better at cooking than a mechanics wife would be at fixing the bloody car.

I don't know why people think she's got anything more than the rest of us mothers have, and why we should pay her money to do it.

BoffinMum Sun 02-Nov-08 11:08:07

Feminist hat on now. Donchathink it's a bit sick when women piggy back on their blokes like this to make a bit of quick dosh? They should have proper identities in their own right, not borrowed ones. And more women should be famous for doing important jobs, running the country and stuff, not just domestic bits and pieces left over by the blokes. We're supposed to have dechained ourselves from the kitchen sink, not made **** careers of it. All mums should come together to burn their fluffy cardigans on bonfire night before taking over the world, kids in tow. I am even tempted to make a straw effigy of Martha Stewart in the manner of Guy Fawkes. Who will join me? Anyone got a recipe for bonfire toffee that we can eat at the same time?? wink

PootyApplewater Sun 02-Nov-08 19:13:35

I don't think it's a feminist issue particularly; it's nepotism, and that will always exist.

I'd rather pour scorn on all the "old boys networks", tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now