Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who is your favourite celebrity chef and why???

(65 Posts)
frecklyspeckly Thu 02-Oct-08 22:58:18

Marco Pierre White. The others learnt it all off him. Who else likes him then?

10krunner Fri 03-Oct-08 12:22:47

Jean Christophe Novelli - just because he's so bloody gorgeous and has such a sexy accent and voice. He's also well fit - does triathlons.

captainofthemummies Fri 03-Oct-08 12:23:48

Gary Rhodes - he knows what he's doing and seems a really genuine guy.

He's the only one tho.

curlywurlycremeegg Fri 03-Oct-08 12:24:20

Bill Granger, I love his laid back attitude

snigger Fri 03-Oct-08 12:24:41

Nigel Slater.

Not strictly a chef, but aaaah, Nige, I just want to make you buttery appley puddings and tuck you up with a hot water bottle grin

snigger Fri 03-Oct-08 12:25:10

Didn't say why - he's the best, that's why grin

sparkybabe Fri 03-Oct-08 12:25:12

MPW is a big baby/bully. Might be able to cook but that doesn't excuse a big black hole where the personality should be.

VinegarTits Fri 03-Oct-08 12:25:21

Heston, i love that he is so technical about his food <geek alert>

suzywong Fri 03-Oct-08 12:28:07

MPW is an arse
Anthony Bourdain is my favourite for many reasons

Gary Rhodes with his "warm gingered kumquats" etcetera etcetera is an utter ponce

SpinMeRightRound Fri 03-Oct-08 12:30:09

Rachel Allen without a doubt... and she's lovely in person too.

Saw her the Good Food show in the morning and when I saw her again, late afternoon she remembered my dd's names and was chatting away to them, lovely lady

expatinscotland Fri 03-Oct-08 12:31:39

I really like Paul Rankin

Carmenere Fri 03-Oct-08 12:34:06

Suzywong
just because

suzywong Fri 03-Oct-08 12:35:28

<purrs at carm and scrapes fried snapper with mushrooms, cream and thyme bit off frying pan and in to mouth with big metal spoon>

Solitaire Fri 03-Oct-08 12:38:19

Clarissa Dickson Wright is pure upper class madness at its best.
According to my BIL who is a chef and has worked with Gary Rhodes, he is a great chef, but a complete and utter arse.

saythatagain Fri 03-Oct-08 12:40:43

Agree with Snigger; Nigel Slater is sooper, I can watch is (now old) programs over and over again. They make my mouth water......sticking new potatoes into the box of camembert thats been in the oven - all squishy and dribbly. The garlic mushroom burger....oooozzzing butter .....mmmmmmmm

PrimulaVeris Fri 03-Oct-08 12:44:00

Nigel Slater's recipes are FAb, he is our fave chef, but tbh I don't think he cuts it as on-screen entertainment. Hasn't quite got the persona.

Gordon Effin' Ramsay wins every time for entertainment

suzywong Fri 03-Oct-08 12:45:18

oh yes Clarissa Dickson Wright is a proper cook
Proper
I wonder what she was like when she was on the sauce?

EachPeachPearMum Fri 03-Oct-08 12:47:17

Donna Hay- her recipes are superb, and her books so well presented- photos are to die for.

Cappuccino Fri 03-Oct-08 12:47:47

Gary Rhodes, I have it on very good authority, is the biggest arse in the history of arsery

sorry to be the bearer of bad news captainofthemummies, but is is a very good authority and there are tales, such tales, of such heights of meanspirited wank

I love Bill Granger's food

suzywong Fri 03-Oct-08 12:49:04

told yer

Is Bill Grainger the nice Australian chap who has three kids and a wife yet is very clearly camp as a row of tents?

Solitaire Fri 03-Oct-08 12:49:31

CDW was probably a bloody good laugh I should imagine.
I used to love the two fat ladies when they used to go 'you can replace the cream with yogurt if your a vegetarian or otherwise mad'

Jennyisjustknackered Fri 03-Oct-08 12:50:12

Nigella. I definitely would.

Solitaire Fri 03-Oct-08 12:50:59

well if you watch Strictly, I think the layers of Gary Rhodes arsery are being peeled back.

Jennyisjustknackered Fri 03-Oct-08 12:51:13

But I do know she isn't technically a chef!

Cappuccino Fri 03-Oct-08 12:52:17

yes suzy I heart him

I once read a blog which said Bill Granger had had his teeth bleached to match his shelves

I don't care who he fucks in his spare time, his chocolate self saucing puddings are bloody fantastic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now