Talk

Advanced search

The nastiest/meanest/rudest celeb you've met/come across...

(870 Posts)
dashboardconfessionals Thu 02-Oct-08 11:02:06

Message withdrawn

overnightangel Sun 01-Oct-17 18:36:26

Saw Jim Bowen say to a 10yr old kid in Lancaster "Piss off son" when he asked for an autograph
Rory McGrath constant pain (and constantly drunk) while staying at hotel I worked in in 2000/2001
Steven Gerrard very rude and full of his own importance when working at a bar in Liverpool

Conversely Graham Norton once helped me with my luggage off the train , and insisted he carried it all the way over the bridge to the taxi, as happy and lovely as he seems

Welldoneme Thu 17-Aug-17 22:47:56

Mark Williams the snooker player, arrogant cunt.

foofycats Fri 21-Jul-17 17:38:18

That sounds bad Peony, what on earth did he say or do? shock

peonyinparadise Tue 04-Jul-17 19:43:50

Alan Rickman. About a million years ago he was very rude to me at a party. Made me cry sad

ModreB Tue 04-Jul-17 19:33:54

Mick Hucknall used to live up the road from my granny. This was about the time the first Simply Red album came out. He was so lovely to her, she used to walk her dog every day at about the same time, and he would come out and talk to her at the garden gate of his house. She was quite poorly one week, and he came to the house to ask if she was OK as he hadn't seen her walking the dog for a few days. He came in and had a cup of tea and a chat with the family, and was really nice and normal.

I think that I will always like him for that, showing concern for a very elderly neighbour.

AdoraBell Tue 04-Jul-17 19:31:35

Nothing to add apart from bloody well done late Terry Wogan.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 04-Jul-17 19:17:35

Sagging
Your comments re Emilia Fox grin
Was she married for a minute to Jared Harris?

Saggingninja Wed 10-May-17 15:59:53

hollyisalovelyname - me too re: Adrian Dunbar. Gutted!

Second John Barrowman being very nice, but I do wish he'd stop waving his cock around!

Emilia Fox - whingeing mare. 'I'm so broke . . life is sooo hard.' Yeah well don't hire a chauffeur and a housekeeper then.

hollyisalovelyname Thu 13-Apr-17 09:32:04

Disappointed that Adrian Dunbar wasn't nice. 😥

Imi22sleeping Sun 19-Feb-17 09:05:36

Ive met quite a few slebs due to my job think cos ive worked with them you see a different side
most nice
bonnie langford was a bit of a grump
and adiva
simon callow (actor) pretty nice but more interested in the boy dancers!
Chris fountain really fit and totaly lovely his mum and gran were there everyday so kept him grounded
gray obrien (corrie) really nice bought me champange
Sir david attenbrough friendly man
john hannah veey star struck seeing him he was pleasant enough
sir ian mckellan looked like a tramp but was nice
paul daniels was really nice to me so was his wife came back the nx day with a tip for the stage manager cos he thought debbie had done it
Bobby darvo dead friendly but a bit inappropate!
John barrowman really kind but so rude!! And thinks everyone should be gay the accent ismental too
the krankies totally adorable!!!
Daniel radcliffe was ordering a egg sandwich and was dead chatty
adrain dunbars a bit of a knob my friend told him not to touch her bum again and he shouted at me one night but i just slammed the door!!

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 22-Jan-17 10:37:16

Harvey Smith = rude and ignorant.

Tastesjustlikecherrycola85 Sun 22-Jan-17 10:16:18

Jorgie Porter is vile. Sprawled asleep all over some seats at the airport and I asked if I could sit down as was quite far along in pregnancy. She then kept brushing her dirty feet against my legs which I didn't take too kindly too and she called me a knobhead under her breath - charming! Hate seeing her on telly, she is horrid

Mrscaindingle Mon 12-Dec-16 21:54:22

I have an Alan Davies one also, was in a crowded pub in Muswell Hill many years ago and we passed him at the bar my friend started to say "..oh you're.." To which he loudly said "Oh just fuck off"

Nicest was Liz Hurley shock

Den62 Mon 12-Dec-16 21:41:55

Also - seen some comments here about how nice Brian May is and whole heartedly agree. Such a nice genuine warm and interesting as is Anita Dobson. Utterly charming couple.

Michael Jackson was a frantic experience given the entourage but my friend served him and he was very polite / undemanding.

George Michael - very unassuming and seemingly down to earth

Have to say chris Evans was quite nice when I've met him on several occasions.

Felicity Kendal - very sweet lady

Den62 Mon 12-Dec-16 01:47:43

Joanna lumley is as you would expect a really nice lady.

I worked in a London department store a few years ago and can second the comments about Victoria beckham being moody. David on the other hand was a very nice friendly guy.

The late Ronnie Corbet was also a lovely person and very chatty. Bruce Forsyth was very cranky but his wife was really nice. Sharleen spiteri was very down to earth and nice.

Used to live in Manchester also and see the Corrie cast a lot. Katie ford suprisingly was the nicest I met personally. Asked if she could sit at our table in a busy bar and was really friendly. Also the late Anne Kirkbride I've heard was really lovely however Helen worth not so pleasant.

GabsAlot Thu 08-Dec-16 14:11:16

rhona cameron her of the first jungle-snotty and rude she was doing an interview for adonis like the chippendales and looked like she'd rather be somewhere else

robbie williams great as was roger daltrey very small man

seal very polite and very very tall!

Saggingninja Fri 25-Nov-16 16:36:39

A friend of mine said that when she was 18 she was working at the BBC and Bernard Manning stuck his hand up her skirt. She told him to stop and he just grinned. And then the late great Terry Wogan (who had witnessed this) stepped in and told Manning to get his 'dirty filthy paws off that young girl.' Manning did and later, Terry Wogan found my friend, comforted her and apologised for Manning's disgusting behaviour.

sugarfiend85 Tue 15-Nov-16 00:32:12

What a great thread...here's my two cents

Mary Berry - surprisingly frosty and guarded, as was former Bake-Off winner Jon Whaite.

Jason Donovan, not so much rude, but dull and overly serious. Felt as if he'd spent too long in therapy.

Ditto Richard Armitage. Had a huge crush on him. But met at a junket and he was quite luvvieish/dull. He's very private, so maybe it's all about deflecting attention away from that aspect of his life.

Debbie McGee-rude.

Jim Davidson, thin-skinned.

Jenny Eclair. Gave me an unimpressed glare at our local gym a few seconds after I'd stepped off a treadmill dripping with sweat. Sick of hearing her "I live in Camberwell, it's rough" schtick too. Her house is a gigantic Grand Designs type pad with a Bentley parked in the driveway.

Ex S-Club 7 singer Tina Barrett. Deluded and egotistical. One of her former bandmates (who was lovely and down to earth) also referred to her as "away with the fairies"

Helen Fielding-frosty, stuck-up. Met Angus Deayton at the same event, who looked like a deer trapped in headlights when I tried to pay him a compliment

Found Richard O'Brien cantankerous and a bit short-tempered, but he was fabulous enough overall to pull the grumpy mood off.

Conversely...Dominic West was so charming and down to earth. Pippa Middleton friendly, polite - with a very different accent to her big sis. John Simpson, warm and chatty...Liz Hurley, extremely charismatic and professional, Kirstie Allsopp, seems pretty normal. Sarah Willingham from Dragons' Den...warm, witty, funny and extremely likable.

Lara2 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:38:39

Roger Black grew up in the same town as me - both our dad's were local GPs. My mum always said that he and his brother were shockingly behaved when they were small. grin

Eevee2016 Thu 10-Nov-16 23:12:39

Also, Calvin Harris - lovely, down to earth, fame hasn't changed him.

Eevee2016 Thu 10-Nov-16 23:06:58

Amazing thread!

Me personally -

Tony Robinson - Very friendly, chatty and just so nice.

David Walliams - Extremely tall, moody, wouldn't want to piss him off (actually he already looked pissed off)

This is a bit crap but Jaqueline Pirie (sp) who used to play Tina Dingle in Emmerdale, she used to drink in the pub I worked in. Miserable! Never ever smiled.

From family/close friends -

Susan Tully (Michelle Fowler!) - Moody, miserable, unfriendly, negative...nothing good.

Gabrielle Aplin (singer) - Tiny and absolutely lovely, down to earth and approachable.

Sigourney Weaver - Just like a regular person, no ego, chatty, kind.

Olly Murs - Gorgeous and happy, no ego.

Vic and David Beckham - She was apparently moody and refused to speak to my friend, and when distracted with something David was flirting terribly with every female staff member!

teabagsmummy Wed 09-Nov-16 19:27:19

Jay Kay was lovely spent time posing for photos with my dh and ds . Also my ds got a really nice letter and photo from jo brand she took time to research the village we live in

LeftRightUpDown Wed 09-Nov-16 18:32:43

Started reading but when I got to one about Jimmy Saville being a gropping perv I realised this was a zombie thread.

The comment about him was from 2008. Disgusting man

seriouslydudegivemecake Wed 09-Nov-16 18:04:51

My parents once met David and Victoria Beckham in an airport lounge years ago. Mum said Posh was absolutely lovely, funny and super sweet. She also said photos dont do her justice and she is beautiful irl. Becks was apparently really attentive to Posh and very nice too!!

Dowser Mon 07-Nov-16 21:39:14

Beanie b quote

David Icke was horrid too. Met him from the train (andother book signing) and the first thing he said was 'don't like Cardiff, bad vibes'

I've met David Icke several times and always found him lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now