Talk

Advanced search

Very funny bit from Richard Madeley's book

(10 Posts)
WendyWeber Tue 23-Sep-08 09:18:38

They've got some of it in the DM - this made me LOL:

<<on our return we got married, 12 years after Judy's first nuptials at the same register office.

Everything went swimmingly, until the photographs. Judy loathes being photographed and began to fidget. I squeezed her waist, remembering all the photo shoots we'd endured together promoting Granada Reports. 'Come on, darling,' I said. 'It's not as if you haven't done this before.'

The Finnigan contingent froze. Judy stiffened. I spent the reception explaining: 'So, you see, when I said, "It's not as if you haven't done this before," I wasn't talking about, you know, I was meaning ...'

Judy's elder brother told me later that I had reminded him of a slightly desperate Basil Fawlty.>>

grin

priceyp Tue 23-Sep-08 20:14:52

"Judy stiffened. I spent the rest of the reception explaining..." sounds like the whole of his life. He is the king of putting his foot in it!!

PuppyMonkey Tue 23-Sep-08 20:17:02

She should have made a run for it there and then. grin

braveandcrazy Tue 23-Sep-08 20:23:03

Has Richard Madeley written a book by himself then, about Judy and stuff rather than with her?

WendyWeber Tue 23-Sep-08 20:28:34

It's his autobiography - there's a lot about his dad, who used to hit him with garden canes shock

It's v good actually - well written - dunno if it's all him or if he has a ghost writer.

BreevandercampLGJ Tue 23-Sep-08 20:30:08

grin

WendyWeber Tue 23-Sep-08 20:31:35

First part here

About day 3 includes him dropping the baby on his face - twice - that's very good too grin

braveandcrazy Tue 23-Sep-08 20:52:14

Oh thanks for the link I got quite caught up in it - it was an interesting read considering it was all pre-Judy information. The picture of him and his Dad made me feel quite emotional!

Moomin Sat 27-Sep-08 12:51:48

Did you see what jamie oliver said about Madeley on jonathon Ross last night? R&J had invited JO over for dinner and JO went into kitchen to see if he could help. Obviously a bit twitchy as he was cooking for THE jamie Oliver, Madeley just said "no fuck off you cunt" !! lol

Doctorpuss Sat 27-Sep-08 12:53:03

pmsl! I love richard madeley grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now