Talk

Advanced search

Very funny bit from Richard Madeley's book

(10 Posts)
WendyWeber Tue 23-Sep-08 09:18:38

They've got some of it in the DM - this made me LOL:

<<on our return we got married, 12 years after Judy's first nuptials at the same register office.

Everything went swimmingly, until the photographs. Judy loathes being photographed and began to fidget. I squeezed her waist, remembering all the photo shoots we'd endured together promoting Granada Reports. 'Come on, darling,' I said. 'It's not as if you haven't done this before.'

The Finnigan contingent froze. Judy stiffened. I spent the reception explaining: 'So, you see, when I said, "It's not as if you haven't done this before," I wasn't talking about, you know, I was meaning ...'

Judy's elder brother told me later that I had reminded him of a slightly desperate Basil Fawlty.>>

grin

priceyp Tue 23-Sep-08 20:14:52

"Judy stiffened. I spent the rest of the reception explaining..." sounds like the whole of his life. He is the king of putting his foot in it!!

PuppyMonkey Tue 23-Sep-08 20:17:02

She should have made a run for it there and then. grin

braveandcrazy Tue 23-Sep-08 20:23:03

Has Richard Madeley written a book by himself then, about Judy and stuff rather than with her?

WendyWeber Tue 23-Sep-08 20:28:34

It's his autobiography - there's a lot about his dad, who used to hit him with garden canes shock

It's v good actually - well written - dunno if it's all him or if he has a ghost writer.

BreevandercampLGJ Tue 23-Sep-08 20:30:08

grin

WendyWeber Tue 23-Sep-08 20:31:35

First part here

About day 3 includes him dropping the baby on his face - twice - that's very good too grin

braveandcrazy Tue 23-Sep-08 20:52:14

Oh thanks for the link I got quite caught up in it - it was an interesting read considering it was all pre-Judy information. The picture of him and his Dad made me feel quite emotional!

Moomin Sat 27-Sep-08 12:51:48

Did you see what jamie oliver said about Madeley on jonathon Ross last night? R&J had invited JO over for dinner and JO went into kitchen to see if he could help. Obviously a bit twitchy as he was cooking for THE jamie Oliver, Madeley just said "no fuck off you cunt" !! lol

Doctorpuss Sat 27-Sep-08 12:53:03

pmsl! I love richard madeley grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: