Advanced search

Jools Oliver expecting baby no.3

(81 Posts)
MarkStretch Mon 22-Sep-08 12:19:03

here

DisasterArea Mon 22-Sep-08 12:22:34

will prob call it gerbera.

hana Mon 22-Sep-08 12:23:07

jamie oliver was recently in the news saying he desperately wanted a boy and would adopt if necessary, had a lot of respect for brat pitt etc etc adopting lots of children

I really don't get this obsession about needing a boy b/c you only have girls. Lost a lot of respect for him for that

signed mum to 3 girls!!!

belgo Mon 22-Sep-08 12:23:48

That's lovely news.

belgo Mon 22-Sep-08 12:24:08

That's lovely news.

Flier Mon 22-Sep-08 12:24:41

aww nice, think they've been ttc for a while

Charlee Mon 22-Sep-08 12:26:27

Gah, even less of a chance of Jamie O falling in love with me now............... hmm

Am very happy for them though. x

evangelina Mon 22-Sep-08 17:10:18

hana, I know what you mean (in reverse) as a mum of 3 boys, but in a way I admire his honesty and it is nice to hear someone big it up for the boys for a change.

The thing that would bother me is their child reading about it in the future, and how a girl might feel about his comments (also puts the pressure on Jools a bit).

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 22-Sep-08 17:56:26

so what - they can afford to keep going till they have a boy... I know a guy who is the youngest of 9 shock all his older siblings are sisters, so they have NO illusions about what happened there..grin BTW he is lovely, and they all dote on him. They are all Irish nurses, and - guess what - he married an Irish nurse....

georgimama Mon 22-Sep-08 17:59:45

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting a son when you have already been blessed with two daughters, or vice versa. It must be nice to have children of both genders, I have a son (and am secretly glad I had a son first) but I would love a daughter. Equally i we are fortunate to have another child in the future, I would be very glad of another boy.

At least they are honest about it.

Lemontart Mon 22-Sep-08 18:03:19

I am delighted for them From the little I have read over the years, I think she sounds like a lovely mum who really makes an effort to both support her husband and provide a stabile and loving home for her kids.
As for number 3 being a boy.. well, if that would make them happy good luck to them. I thought the odds after having 2 same sex children were about 75% in favour of the third being the same sex so I hope they will be delighted with whatever they are given

Lemontart Mon 22-Sep-08 18:03:56

stable* - gah, I hate typos! blush

Kathyis6incheshigh Mon 22-Sep-08 18:13:42

Aw bless their little cotton socks.
Am dying to see what their dcs are like when they grow up though - Jamie clearly has an amazing work ethic so will they do something useful or end up all slebby and pointless like Peaches Geldof & co?

saint2shoes Mon 22-Sep-08 19:00:52

shouldn't this now be in this topic

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 22-Sep-08 19:03:05

Aw, congrats to them.

DarrellRivers Mon 22-Sep-08 20:16:14

Congrats to them
I secretly hanker to be Mrs Jools Oliver
all for very material things
-3 babies
-big house in hampstead
-never having to work again (rose coloured specs)
-but don't think I would want Jamie as my DH
Would prefer to be Mrs Gordon Ramsey

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 22-Sep-08 20:18:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Mon 22-Sep-08 20:18:24

you forgot former model, DR blush.

Hulababy Mon 22-Sep-08 20:19:15

Congratulations to them

DarrellRivers Mon 22-Sep-08 20:21:14

Yes I had also thought that expat blush
but thought I should have confidence in my own appearance grin
Malory, I used to be a bit like Jools Oliver when I had DD1, deffo was a PFB nightmare, so I understand where she's coming from , but she should have chilled out by now, she is v control freakish
I am now horizontal, I think she needs to MN a bit to relax

kittywise Mon 22-Sep-08 20:21:23

I'm pleased for them but the thought of being shagged by him makes me want to barf(blegh)shock

stroppyknickers Mon 22-Sep-08 20:22:52

and 'nostalgic' children's books don't forget, malory.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 22-Sep-08 20:22:59

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Mon 22-Sep-08 20:23:45

DarrellRivers Mon 22-Sep-08 20:24:14

He's got really jowly as my dad puts it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now