Talk

Advanced search

Kim Cattrall SJP feud - am I missing something?

(12 Posts)
FannytheW0nderDog Mon 12-Feb-18 21:40:31

SATC in the early 2000s - loved watching it. Great script, good acting, fab clothes. I know that there's often squabbles behind the scenes but this is just plain mean on the part of Kim (Samantha in SATC):
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43031016
I know she's been recently bereaved but really if you've got nothing nice to say, then don't say it! Am I missing something here? Also I do feel that women should support other women. Probably a non-topic but wanted to know your thoughts.

Sarahh2014 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:45:01

I think she just snapped from what I've read.There apparently is a lot of history between them and she feels that sjp is pretending to sympathise with her loss so looks like a good person

FucksakeCuntingFuckingTwats Mon 12-Feb-18 21:45:02

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/3164613-Sex-and-the-City-drama-again there's a thread about it here.

Poffley Mon 12-Feb-18 21:46:05

Also I do feel that women should support other women

Why?

ShirleyPhallus Mon 12-Feb-18 21:46:58

Also I do feel that women should support other women

Why? confused

Onceuponatimethen Mon 12-Feb-18 21:48:23

Doesn’t that work both ways?

PancakeInMaBelly Mon 12-Feb-18 21:49:14

Good for her I say

SJP didnt privately send her support, she made a public performance of it and it didnt just upset KC it upset her family too.

Smidge001 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:50:38

In answer to your question, Yes, I think you're missing the entire backstory OP.

FucksakeCuntingFuckingTwats Mon 12-Feb-18 21:53:29

Also just to add. Had a colleague of mine, who id worked with for so many years so closely, lost a sibling. Id be straight on the phone to them personally to offer condolences. Especilly if I was close enough to refer to them as "dearest kim". She's done it to make herself look good in public as Kim States.

Bekabeech Mon 12-Feb-18 22:23:32

The BBC report is very biased talking about a "Co star" supporting SJP, but the actress just had a part in a few episodes.
Kim also responded very differently to another co-star who obviously contacted her by phone and offered genuine condolences.

FannytheW0nderDog Tue 13-Feb-18 11:13:06

Thanks for the explanation everyone! Case closed.

sportyfool Sat 17-Feb-18 13:38:46

Watch the interview with piers Morgan . She explains it all .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now