Talk

Advanced search

Why is ex BB contestant Lisa Appleton always in the Mail Online showbiz?

(13 Posts)
DereksGotATail Thu 17-Nov-16 13:15:38

It's years ago since she was on BB and hasn't done anything else since except some C4 programme about slebs on the dole. Why the interest in her lately? She seems in the Mail on a weekly basis waving her arse or tits about confused

user1471466073 Sat 19-Nov-16 14:47:24

I know! Don't know why. Maybe she has paid someone to pap her?

PuppyMonkey Sat 19-Nov-16 14:49:21

Yes, they pay the paps to take shots sometimes, Abi Titmus used to do it all the time.

Disclaimer, I have no idea who you're talking about btw.

RaisinGirls Sun 20-Nov-16 18:20:50

I think there was renewed interest in her because she was a victim of the phone hacking stuff, and then was the only 'celeb' to turn up to judge decision / ruling.

alafolie29 Tue 22-Nov-16 16:14:07

I just came on here to ask this. It's utterly bizarre.

Redcrayons Tue 22-Nov-16 16:22:30

I was wondering about this when I saw the pics of her putting the bins out with her arse hanging out. Exactly why would the DM send paps to a small northern town to take photos of some ex BB contestant from years ago?
Usually unflattering flabby pics = fitness DVD on its way. But nobody knows who she is, so why?

Redcrayons Tue 22-Nov-16 16:22:55

Why would anyone hack her phone?

mumofthemonsters808 Tue 22-Nov-16 16:26:13

I think certain people are on excellent terms with the Mail, I've often thought they must pay to be featured. The Kardashians are always featured near the top, I didn't even realise they had such a following in this country.Other reality Tv stars seem to also be popular, I don't tend to know who they are half the time, but get used to seeing their name.I suppose someone must be reading the stories though.

Bluntness100 Tue 22-Nov-16 16:32:24

It's not paps, basically she'll have a mate take the pics and then they sell them to the paper. Or if she's not involved, then a neighbour or someone passing takes them without her knowledge and sells them to the paper. They aren't paps, just someone who took a pic. I suspect she's in on it though.

The bins one i found very strange, although to be fair, none of them have been exactly normal. But she'll be getting money from it and I guess she's good with it, go figure.

Iamtheresurrection Tue 22-Nov-16 19:11:22

I wondered this as well!!

She's got no cash (according to the Channel 5 benefits programme she's on) so unlikely to be paying anyone. Must have a friend at the DM.

thenotsoquiet Sat 28-Jan-17 22:03:16

You can pay to be in the DM, but it's more likely that she has managed to get some sleb management company to sign her, and they're giving stories to the Mail to try to raise her profile in order to land more reality work. It's possible her management represent bigger names the Mail want to cover and part of the deal to access to them is they have to cover the less famous clients.

BakeOffBiscuits Sat 28-Jan-17 22:08:09

There's no way the press would pay for the pictures. She's a nobody

She'll give them to the press in the hope she'll get work through all the "publicity"hmm

Iamtheresurrection Sun 29-Jan-17 08:21:14

I wonder who is paying for her holidays. I remember on the benefits programme she managed to get free beauty treatments but a holiday is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now