Talk

Advanced search

I have a new sleb crush - Alexander Skarsgård appreciation thread anyone?

(42 Posts)
GinBunny Thu 21-Jul-16 23:26:31

I've never heard of him before today! Watched The East (brilliant film btw) and there he was all smouldering and beautiful. Seems he's done a lot though and is Alexa Chung's beau.
I can't share a photo as am on my Chromebook and it's too much of a faff to download pics old gimmer so if you don't know him please google, he's worth it swoon
Anyone else join me in my new found lust appreciation?

ElspethFlashman Thu 21-Jul-16 23:28:40

I highly recommend you get into True Blood then cos he's naked a LOT.

GinBunny Thu 21-Jul-16 23:36:11

Naked you say Elspeth?
<Goes to check Netflix and comes back disappointed to report it's not there>

galaxygirl45 Thu 21-Jul-16 23:36:20

Yes True Blood is amazing!! I'm on season 2 and can't believe i missed it when it 1st aired.

ftw Thu 21-Jul-16 23:39:43

I had a massive crush til I read he was mean to Lady Gaga about her weight. (He's in the Paparazzi vid.)

But oh yes. True Blood. Naked. Often.

Kerberos Thu 21-Jul-16 23:40:33

There's one scene in the later series. You'll know when you get to it. Wowee. Literally speachless. That man is so well put together.

MissBeaHaving Thu 21-Jul-16 23:40:37

Smouldering & beautiful indeed Op!

I will join you in appreciating his gorgeousness!

Onedaftmonkey Thu 21-Jul-16 23:41:56

Omg my lead in a lot of erotic dreams. Eric the Viking be still my beating fanjo.

GinBunny Thu 21-Jul-16 23:42:39

How do I watch it if it's not on Netflix, do I need to buy the box set? Oh god I feel so old asking that blush
Do you think DH would buy it if I said I wanted to see Tarzan at the cinema?

MissBeaHaving Thu 21-Jul-16 23:46:38

Gin,** True Blood was on NowTv, they did have a trial package for a 1 month.

Monkey " be still my beating fanjo " indeed!!
Haha

MissBeaHaving Thu 21-Jul-16 23:51:17

Hm... Not sure why that came out in bold or where the random star came from confused

App issues again....

ladybird69 Thu 21-Jul-16 23:56:42

Hands off he's mine. Lol I've had to re-buy my true blood DVDs as I've worn them out. He really is eye candy and of course the series is really good too grin

GinBunny Thu 21-Jul-16 23:58:38

Thanks Miss, will check NowTV out. And thanks for the pic - those eyes <swoons again> I'm far too old for this, last time I had a beating fanjo (thanks Monkey!) over a sleb was Richard Armitage in his speedos grin

JedRambosteen Fri 22-Jul-16 00:05:32

He is very lovely.

I have been watching Vikings on the History Channel. His brother Gustaf plays the shipbuilder Floki, who is coco loco. He was definitely not quite as blessed as Alexander in the beauty stakes, but he makes for compelling viewing in Vikings.

JedRambosteen Fri 22-Jul-16 00:07:13

Alexander features heavily in Generation Kill, which is a 6-parter about the Gulf War written by the team that made The Wire. It is very good although, like The Wire, it takes a while to get your ear in with all the military lingo.

ConkersDontScareSpiders Fri 22-Jul-16 00:10:16

Love the man. There's a scene in true blood where he's wearing jogging pants and flip flops. No one has ever made jogging pants and flip flops look that good.ever.

busyboysmum Fri 22-Jul-16 00:11:35

He is gorgeous ☺however check him out in Zoolander - you will not recognize him. I loved him as Eric in True Blood.

LockedOutOfMN Fri 22-Jul-16 00:14:13

I've fancied him since "An Education" and thought he would have made a great Christian Gray. blush

ftw Fri 22-Jul-16 00:23:18

Kerberos, I know just the scene you mean. I nearly mentioned it myself. <fans self>

WanderingNotLost Fri 22-Jul-16 11:25:23

I'd like him a lot more if he wasn't with Alexa Crazy Eyes Chung...

MiddleClassProblem Fri 22-Jul-16 11:27:34

Eric always trumped Bill, especially when he saves Soooookie (Bill impression) on various occasions

GloriousGusset Fri 22-Jul-16 13:43:33

Isn't he gay? I find it impossible to continue sleb crushes if I find out they're gay. My imagination clearly can't get over the hurdle that says 'he'd run a mile if you did that to him you know'.

He is lovely and tall though.

MiddleClassProblem Fri 22-Jul-16 13:46:10

No he's with Alexa Chung

GloriousGusset Fri 22-Jul-16 13:48:44

I'm pretty sure she's a beard.

shitwithsugaron Fri 22-Jul-16 13:49:44

There's one book in the True blood book series I forget which, where Sookie and Eric get together as he has amnesia I think...after you've watched him in the tv show its hard to read the book and imagine anyone else as Eric. He is magnificent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now