Talk

Advanced search

Golden Wonder: I say Tayto , you say Tahto, when will she call the whole thing off?!

(999 Posts)
KimmySchmidtsSmile Sun 26-Jun-16 23:09:57

Thread two

Fairylea Sun 26-Jun-16 23:11:45

Shamelessly placemarking grin

KimmySchmidtsSmile Sun 26-Jun-16 23:12:13

Following on from this thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleb_twaddle/2662809-Tom-Hiddleston-dating-Taylor-Swift?watched=1&msgid=61973013#61973013

BossWitch Sun 26-Jun-16 23:15:08

Excellent, am loving this thread, though very sadly losing my previous love for Hiddles!

NewRomantic Sun 26-Jun-16 23:15:18

(Reposting my last question as it ended up below the link to here):

How actually posh (as opposed to just well-off middle class) is ToTo? He went to Eton, is that right? I could Google but something tells me a few of you will have all the facts at your fingertips. 😁

Donatellalymanmoss Sun 26-Jun-16 23:18:09

Place marked. I have work to do. Looking forward to finding out what they're having for breakfast when I tune in for tomorrow's episode of the Tom & Taylor show.

PS Love the thread title.

Freshprincess Sun 26-Jun-16 23:19:13

Tayto for Wimbledon tomorrow? Place your bets....

BossWitch Sun 26-Jun-16 23:21:45

He did go to Eton. Pretty posh on mother's side, not at all on father's (born working class Glasgow I think).

SlowJinn Sun 26-Jun-16 23:21:49

Harry Styles is a posh boy too, privately educated, no higher education though because we can't talk about 1D of life events.

Does Tay like upper crust British boys?

BossWitch Sun 26-Jun-16 23:24:25

I didn't realise Harry Styles was posh! Where did he go to school? refuse to Google as that would mean admitting any form of interest in a 1d person

Shirkingfromhome Sun 26-Jun-16 23:26:33

Definitely Wimbledon with Aldi wine cooler bag
I'm sure I read a BG post that CH had been paid off so he couldn't reveal details of the split. Is he following her again on twitter?

SlowJinn Sun 26-Jun-16 23:27:31

Goodnight Tayto fans.

Wimbledon tomorrow and lots more gray suede shoes and Primark floaty florals, with the price tag still attached..

<hopefully>

Shirkingfromhome Sun 26-Jun-16 23:29:45

Harry's from Holmes Chapel I think, near knutsford (housewifes of cheshire land). It's nice but not frightfully posh.

TheAntiBoop Sun 26-Jun-16 23:32:59

New thread! Yay!

TH tries very hard not to be posh when he's here but knows it goes down very well over there

nicenewdusters Sun 26-Jun-16 23:36:14

Thanks for the new thread Kimmy, was panicking as we crept up to 1000.

Just posted on the last one, so will now go and do my SBoS research .

WaitroseTrolley Sun 26-Jun-16 23:36:50

Yes I think his dad was a bit side-eye at him poncing about acting as he had worked so hard, but when he saw that filming something like Thor requires 4am starts and long days although shitloads of money he respected it more.

WaitroseTrolley Sun 26-Jun-16 23:38:21

Also many thanks to whoever made sideboob into a verb at the end of the last thread.

KimmySchmidtsSmile Sun 26-Jun-16 23:43:08

You're welcome. Posted a new thread as I would have had withdrawal symptoms and missed you lot. flowers
Tom has newromantic a double first in Classics from Cambridge (I think). What the hell does he talk to Tay tay about?
My other half always wonders when an older guy goes out with a younger lass what the frame of references would be once you've done the shagging. Didn't the much younger ex of George Clooney say he acted like a dad to her? confused That's so not sexy.

KimmySchmidtsSmile Sun 26-Jun-16 23:45:42

^ that was to dusters who did indeed use sideboob as a verb. grin star

nicenewdusters Sun 26-Jun-16 23:52:52

Waitrose : glad you enjoyed my sideboobing !

I myself have personally never sideboobed. I presume to do so would involve not wearing a bra. If I did this I would be waist boobing, not a look that anybody wants to rock or tote.

Just thinking how you would decline the verb:

I sideboob
You sideboob
She sideboobs
They Sideboobed

Beat that Tom with your double first in Classics (just bitter cause I only got a 2:2)

WaitroseTrolley Sun 26-Jun-16 23:53:20

Thanks kimmy.
Yes it is weird to think about what you talk about. Actually that's just made think about when George clooney said on Ellen that he'd put on his aunt Rosemary's music to propose to Amal. Even if their relationship is real, that's so bleurgh and 'wtf?'

WaitroseTrolley Sun 26-Jun-16 23:54:37

Brilliant dusters! I wonder what the Latin translation for sideboob would be?

KimmySchmidtsSmile Sun 26-Jun-16 23:55:17

Ooh Taytay I think is a UK size 8 shoe. Same as me. Not Dr Seuss Up feet, down feet, Here come clown feet but nonetheless not dainty. Takes me ages to get decent shoes, I now get Bama ones as they claim to be like being barefoot but look better than vibram five fingers wink < they sound like a fisting fetish quite frankly.

KimmySchmidtsSmile Mon 27-Jun-16 00:08:10

I waist boobed today blush A scarf to cover droopy boobs did not help matters. I was like the nan in the far side cartoon with nipple rings hanging out the bottom of the skirt, except without piercings.
Harry is from Holmes Chapel and went to Holmes Chapel Comp (current head is Mrs Beard< I'm not making this up!)
See you all tomorrow brew Night x

SpecialSnowflake Mon 27-Jun-16 00:12:43

I lurked like a tipped-off-paparazzo on the last thread, just popping in to let y'all know that ToTo got a new stylist a few months ago who bought him the grey desert boots, a nasty red suit, and some other very close fitting evening ensembles, but the man seems to have an extremely limited capsule wardrobe.
The shock-horror newly appeared beach trainers are his running shoes.
Hiddlesfashion on IG must be the most frustrated instagrammer ever, poor woman gets very little material to work with as the bloke rotates the same 5 items every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now