Ronan Keating is an arsehole, isn't he?

(95 Posts)
AllthingsIrish Tue 01-Mar-16 10:11:21

Apologies for the Daily Mail link. Wasn't there some post ages ago where a Mumsnetter had her face caught in a car window by RK?

AllthingsIrish Tue 01-Mar-16 13:48:18

Interesting article.

LastGirlOnTheLeft Sun 06-Mar-16 21:19:21

Ronan is horrible. Years and years ago, I worked in a hotel in Belfast while I was a student. Boyzone and Westlife were regulars. Ronan was hateful..he talked to staff as if we were nothing! But as soon as cameras were on him...he shone!!

Mark from Westlife was lovely and gorgeous! The rest were bleh! But the nicest and most fab was the actor who plays Andy in Emmerdale! I'm still a little in love with him years later!!

NickNacks Sun 06-Mar-16 21:22:36

Sadly I think you're right.

I saw him recently talking about 'now he's really found true love and he's never been in love before so it's all exciting and great for song writing etc'. I found it all very disrespectful to his ex wife and mother of his children.

BoyGirlBoy3 Sun 06-Mar-16 21:24:50

Oh yeah!, I couldn't agree more, all 'I am very happy', and 'we all asked her to marry us together', its in poor taste imo.

NewLife4Me Sun 06-Mar-16 21:25:02

I never could see why people liked Ronan Keating, i didn't rate his singing neither. He looks a bit nasty.

leccybill Wed 09-Mar-16 21:30:07

Ugh, Ronan. A proper snake. At least other minor celebs know their place.

TheSpottedZebra Wed 09-Mar-16 22:14:49

That ie article refers to an affair. I'd like to clarify that it was affairs, and shags plural. He'd been tom-catting about for years, whilst acting the altar boy. The whiny-voiced cunt.

NoCapes Wed 09-Mar-16 22:19:03

I met Ronan at an awards ceremony once and he was lovely really chatty and quite charming, everyone else in the world seems to think he's a twat though - maybe he was trying it on with me blush

Katarzyna79 Wed 09-Mar-16 22:26:18

you only have to watch Australian x factor there was a Korean singer he had such hatred on his face he often does when its anyone who is remotely non white. He wrote her off and giggled away with his fellow blonde judge before she even sang a single note, just based on her appearance? Google her full audition Dami IM.I
I used to like him so gave him the benefit of doubt but hes done it to several non white contestants, him and the blonde actress who used to be in neighbours I'm not sure what her name is. no offence to blondes I love them I swear!

it wouldn't surprise me him being a snake in general. didn't he have an affair whilst married too and they have kids together?

AmericanPastoral Sun 13-Mar-16 19:00:02

I also can't stand him. Interesting Katarzyna - will have to have a look. Is it the one who used to play Izzy in Neighbours?

everdene Sun 13-Mar-16 19:14:51

His first wife has behaved with so much dignity in the face of Ronan and Storm rubbing her face in it. He's a prick.

theclick Sun 13-Mar-16 19:25:58

Yeah he's a twat. So is his wife for laughing at that woman.

QueenLaBeefah Sun 13-Mar-16 19:28:00

He is a bit of a wanker.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 13-Mar-16 22:24:24

Agree he comes across as a right shit he's up there with McFadden for me- both complete knobs who disrespect their first wife's for publicity even at the cost of upsetting their children.
Storm seems like a compete bitch pissing herself at someone falling over- who does that?!

ChristmasZombie Tue 15-Mar-16 19:20:37

Ronan was my first love, aged 9. I adored him. There's still a little bit of me that would gladly run off with him. But he does seem like a bit of a shithead. My inner nine year old is very sad about that.

AmericanPastoral Tue 15-Mar-16 19:43:16

smile

noeuf Tue 15-Mar-16 19:51:01

The video doesn't show it happening. Maybe they were set up?

AllthingsIrish Wed 16-Mar-16 10:17:28

Maybe but there seems to be quite a body of evidence against him. I found the post about him catching someone's face in the car window: "By popular demand the Ronan Keating story...

I went to a Gary Barlow concert (no judging) at the Royal Albert Hall in 1997. Afterwards my mum said we could wait outside to see if I could get an autograph, it appears there was a bit of a get together inside and a few pop stars of the time came out like 911 (one of which was inviting me back to his- I looked older but, still) and someone no one will remember called Connor Reeves who was lovely. Everyone has had a drink but it seemed pretty tame.

Then Boyzone came out (minus Mikey) and had probably drunk a bit more, Stephen Gately couldn't stand or really talk and was almost carried to the car. I asked politely for an autograph (there was a max of 10 people waiting) and they went mental shouting why should they? I wasn't at their concert and they weren't getting any money or anything from it. I was shocked and just said nothing, and my mum said to just ignore them they were just being silly because they'd had a few drinks. They then all got into the car / people carrier.

After 5 mins or so the window rolls down and RK calls over to me and says they're sorry, it's just a bit late and they were wrong, come over and they'll sign my programme. I went over and had to lean into the window to hand my book to him at which point whilst cackling he presses the button to shut the window on my head. At which point my mum walked over, made sure I was ok, opened the door and punched him straight in the face.

I've never been prouder to be her daughter grin

Apologies if there are loads of typos, it's a long post on a phone." Posted by Whitershadeofpale.

Peaceandloveeveryone Wed 16-Mar-16 10:26:42

I thought that he was disrespects about his first wife too and place him firmly in the Bryan McFadden category. Slimeball.

spongebob5 Sat 19-Mar-16 18:50:32

I've always thought he was a knob & whitershadeofpale's story confirmed it!

PrimalLass Mon 21-Mar-16 20:37:54

you only have to watch Australian x factor there was a Korean singer he had such hatred on his face he often does when its anyone who is remotely non white.

I adore Dami Im, but tbf she came over as a bit wacky until she started to sing (cat tights etc.)

PrimalLass Mon 21-Mar-16 20:38:29

Oh, and she is representing Australia on Eurovision this year grin

hollyisalovelyname Sat 26-Mar-16 09:46:14

RK should be ashamed of himself- re saying how Storm is his true love.
What about the years he spent with Yvonne and the lovely children he had with her?
What's that saying to the children?
He should think before he speaks or 'Say Nothing At All'
I do think Yvonne Keating should lay off the botox, fillers etc. She is destroying her lovely face.

benedictcumberbatch Tue 29-Mar-16 00:41:08

He looks like his face is made from melted cheese which has been hairsprayed together badly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now