Talk

Advanced search

is Kanye West having a nervous breakdown?

(11 Posts)
FedoraTheExplora Mon 15-Feb-16 10:19:48

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35576432/kanye-west-really-wants-1-billion-from-mark-zuckerberg

I know he's always been a massive dick, but this seems like massively unstable behaviour. Does anyone else think he may need some professional help?

muddymary Tue 16-Feb-16 07:54:09

I've just been thinking the same actually. He just seems to have no filter at the moment at all.

R0nJ0n Tue 16-Feb-16 08:00:50

I also suspect he's surrounded himself with so many yes men that he's compleatly lost perspective. I bet no one ever tells him he's being daft, so asking mark Zuckerburg for a billion dollars seems perfectly reasonable behaviour in his world.

SevenOfNineTrue Tue 16-Feb-16 08:02:31

I expect to hear he's been carted off to rehab soon.

megletthesecond Tue 16-Feb-16 12:51:45

Yes men and deliveries from columbia I expect.

InanimateCarbonRod Tue 16-Feb-16 12:55:15

Surely someone, somewhere in his vicinity will tell him to cop on?!

hogbreath Wed 17-Feb-16 12:08:25

Could be or he could just be a pr genius.
Being part of the Kardashian clan can't be good for ones mental stability though.

DangerMiss Wed 17-Feb-16 12:20:51

He's been like this for years, since his mother died. Even former close friends of his have said he is not acting in his right mind. He has rapped about being in antidepressants, although what it seems like he actually needs a mood stabiliser. And I have read rumours that he was diagnosed with a mental disorder as a child.

The problem is he is surrounded by narcissists and 'yes men'. Celebrities live in a land governed by their own rules, so I doubt he will get any help unless he is forced to somehow.

gunting Wed 17-Feb-16 12:27:14

It's just PR he's got a new album out

CowPatRoberts Sat 20-Feb-16 17:32:08

I know I'm in the minority but I actually think Kanye isn't the crazed artist everyone thinks he is. If you watch his more candid interviews he's very shy and perceptive, very articulate. His parents were civil rights activists and professors, and when his mother died a few years ago it really hit him.

I would recommend anyone listen to 'Only One' after reading a bit about it. It's supposed to be a lullaby for his daughter North (or 'Nori') and him written as if from his mother, talking about family love and how it's the foundation of a good life.

He has these stunts whenever there's an album dropping, it's all arranged by his and Taylor's teams to raise publicity. They both benefit massively from the public exposure even when it's negative.

CowPatRoberts Sat 20-Feb-16 17:37:25

Also would second the issues with addiction, it's nothing too hard but he's had issues with painkillers and depression after the death of his mother and talked about feeling suicidal. I think life with his family has supported him like nothing else but there's still so much pressure on him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now