Advanced search

John Hannah

(20 Posts)
Kewcumber Sun 11-Jan-15 17:17:43

I unwittingly catted up John Hannah this morning. He was very lovely and very cheery and really rather nice with a very perky dog. I looked grim (it was early).

Tis a good measure of his niceness that he spoke to me so nicely and didn't run away screaming.

Kewcumber Sun 11-Jan-15 17:18:15

of course I chatted him up . The dog would not have approved of me catting him I'm sure.

boogiewoogie Mon 12-Jan-15 18:58:14

Guessing from your name that you are from Kew/Richmond area? I saw him a few times. At least twice in Richmond, and another time cycling in Hampton court area.

Kewcumber Mon 12-Jan-15 21:04:05

Ah but did he talk to you? Did he? Did he?

See I am nearly famous.

jonicomelately Mon 12-Jan-15 21:09:45

I was with some very posh friends once at a 'do' where John Hannah was also in attendance. He did a massive, comedy double take when he hears my big broad Northern accent grin It made me chuckle.
Btw, how do you unwittingly chat someone up wink

MuddhaOfSuburbia Mon 12-Jan-15 21:10:17

Ooh he used to love round Vicky Park in hackerney

SOMEONE'S gone up in the world, hmmm?

PetulaGordino Mon 12-Jan-15 21:12:02

what was the unwitting part? the chatting up or the john hannah bit?

at what point did you realise it was him and/or that you were chatting him up?

jude law boshed me out of the way in an art gallery in paris once. yes i live that sort of life not

Kewcumber Mon 12-Jan-15 21:35:15

Well it was unwitting because it was very early on sunday morning (OK about 9.30am) and I was walking across the muddy rugby field on way to rugby. Notice nice man with two children vaguely heading in same direction with very pristine wihte fluffy dog.

Me (Thinking: that man looks just like John Hannah I wonder if anyone's told him that) "Ooh you're being a bit optimistic walking that lovely clean white dog here!"
Him (smiling in a twinkly I-so-wish-I weren't-married-because-you-look -lovely way) "oh don't worry she 's a self cleaning dog"
Me (Thinking: gosh what a co-incidence he's even got a Scottish accent like John Hannah) hmm
Him (laughing merrily in a how-do-I-charm-this woman-into-forgetting-I'm-married way) "No honestly I don't know how she does it but she never seems to get dirty"
Me (thinking I wouldn't mind getting dirty with this John Hannah lookalike) "I'm unconvinced - I'll look out for her later"

We part company.

<<THUNK>> <= sound of penny dropping that no-one looks and sounds that much like John Hannah, without actually being, well John Hannah.

Kewcumber Mon 12-Jan-15 21:36:30

OK a few bits of that may possibly be the result of an overactive imaginary sex-life.

Kewcumber Mon 12-Jan-15 21:38:00

I was quite proud of myself that I was cool enough to actual walk DS over to his part of the rugby pitch and not turn into some kind of mad stalker trying to find out if one of his children plays rugby there too or if he was just walking his dog.

It took discipline I didn't even know I had.

CelibacyCakeAndElevatorMuzac Mon 12-Jan-15 21:38:25

Hahaha! Brilliant grin

WastingMyYoungYears Mon 12-Jan-15 21:40:43

I'm sooooooo jealous that I can't think of anything else to say grin.

Hassled Mon 12-Jan-15 21:42:03

You've scored there, Kewcumber grin

lemisscared Mon 12-Jan-15 21:45:05

i love him ( nearly as much as colin firth)

jonicomelately Mon 12-Jan-15 21:51:53

I like your style Kew

WastingMyYoungYears Mon 12-Jan-15 22:00:05

I think I'd just like him to speak to me blushgrin.

whitewithblackspots Mon 12-Jan-15 22:04:20

Oh I LOVE John Hannah.

I was really annoyed when James Nesbitt was unleashed because he reminds me of a grim John Hannah and I often get them confused now.

He ruined the John Hannah loveliness for me a bit angry

Kewcumber Mon 12-Jan-15 22:09:21

Just how bad exactly would I look if I admitted to checking his Twitter account... just in case...

Not that I did, just saying if I had, would I look like a total loon?

Goodwordguide Thu 05-Feb-15 07:21:17

allegedly Gwyneth Paltrow cheated on Brad Pitt with John Hannah, his twinkly eyes and Scottish lilt are so lovely - I'd prefer JH any day, clean dog and all.

CaptainJamesTKirk Thu 05-Feb-15 07:37:53

I do like to hear about slebs who are nice and normal. smile

I also want to know where he got his self cleaning dog from. I want a self cleaning dog!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now