Talk

Advanced search

'The List'

(16 Posts)
kinkytoes Mon 20-Oct-14 20:59:39

My friend told me the other day she and her partner have a 'list' of celebrities they are allowed to do the deed with if the opportunity arises, like a free pass. I've been thinking about who'd be on my list, but wonder actually if this is a good or bad idea, or just a bit of fun.

Has anyone else got a list, and more importantly, has anyone been able to take advantage of such a deal??

SweetTeaVodka Tue 21-Oct-14 09:20:17

My DH and I have joked about this, but I've no idea what we would do if the opportunity actually arose! I dont think either of us would be terribly over the moon if we did go for it, but it makes for an interesting discussion. It's rather unlikely though.

My list fluctuates. A few years ago it would have been totally different. Currently it would feature Chris Evans (the Captain America one, not the DJ!), Kevin from Grimsby (SCD), Joshua Jackson, and the last couple of spots are fought out between other Marvel actors.

Not actually sure about who DH would choose these days, might have to ask.

kinkytoes Tue 21-Oct-14 20:34:35

It definitely makes for an entertaining discussion! Ewan McGregor would be on mine but that's as far as I've got. And yes, the list would need refreshing every so often (with mutual agreement).

How many would be acceptable? Wouldn't want to be greedy!

OnlyLovers Thu 06-Nov-14 14:32:36

I believe the 'allowed list' thing comes from an episode of Friends, in which if I remember rightly they were allowed five.

DP and I have talked about it loads, although not recently. It's probably time for an update session. His has in the past included Kate Winslet and Gwyneth Paltrow, both of which I'm a bit hmm about, but also Kate Moss (can't argue really) and Lauren Laverne (totally fair enough).

Mine has Paul Bettany on it in positions 1,2, 3, 4 and 5. smile

FrankelandFilly Tue 11-Nov-14 11:09:25

Easy:

Benedict Cumberbatch
James Marsters
Dave Grohl
Matt Smith
Jensen Ackles

grin

OnlyLovers Tue 11-Nov-14 11:27:58

Oh, hi Frankel grin.

RiverTam Thu 13-Nov-14 14:05:40

ooh, mine chops and changes all over the place because I'm so fickle. At the mo it would be

Lee Pace
Richard Armitage
Benedict Cumberbatch
Matthew McFadyen
Tom Hiddleston

surprised Tom isn't on yours, Only grin.

OnlyLovers Thu 13-Nov-14 14:28:12

Hi Tam! Nice to see everyone from the Benedict threads on here grin.

I know, I do love a bit of Hiddleston but I guess my love must run quite shallow because when the chips are down and I consider the serious issue of who would I actually want DP to allow me ... No one else but Paul seems fighting all that hard for.

Sorry Tom, I'm sure that's a crushing disappointment for you.

RiverTam Thu 13-Nov-14 14:39:15

<snort>

I've been watching more Thor/Avengers and I'm totally on board with the LokiLust - took a while but fully on-message now. Naughty naughty Loki.

PersonalClown Thu 13-Nov-14 14:45:54

I've had a list for agggggeeees.

1-Tom Hiddleston
2-Benedict Cumberbatch
3- Synsyter Gates
4-Jared Leto
5-Michael Fassbender

I reserve the right to change my list at any time depending on who is in my mind at that precise moment.

OnlyLovers Thu 13-Nov-14 16:26:54

Welcome aboard, Tam. grin

NeedaDiscoNap Thu 13-Nov-14 16:47:32

Oooh yes I have a list --ever changing--:

Idris Elba
Pharrell Williams
Liev Schrieber as Ray Donovan
Joe Manganiello
Kit Harington

Jared Leto often makes it on there, as does Cumberbatch and sometimes Matt Smith.

LeBearPolar Thu 13-Nov-14 16:59:31

My list changes frequently. However, it currently features:

Luke Pasqualino (but ONLY as D'Artagnan)
Santiago Cabrera
Tom Burke (but ONLY as Athos)
Aljaz Skorjanec

Number 5 varies: sometimes Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Fassbender was appealing (until I read the rumours about his violence against an ex-girlfriend), James Marsters used to be very much on there but not so much now...

CrapBag Sat 15-Nov-14 22:14:23

I've had my list for years. DH knows the deal if one of them comes along. grin

Declan Donnelly
Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson in Stargate)
Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny in CSI New York)
Stephen Mulhern
Daniel Radcliffe
Hugh Jackman

I know that's 6 but Rachel let Ross have an alternate so I am too. fgrin

boogiewoogie Mon 17-Nov-14 18:02:31

Not so much a freebie list but I do have a few celeb crushes as follows:

Jeremy Brett (sorry cumberbunds or whatever you call yourselves these days but Brett is the definitive Sherlock. Even Ben says so himself)

Eddie Redmayne - Those cheeks, eyes and lips! Should have been an elf.

Clive Owen - Nuff said.

This one is a bit blush Chris Martin. Is it just me but he looks much better now than when Coldplay first started out.

kinkytoes Sat 29-Nov-14 04:46:12

Ahh it's from Friends. How could I forget??

To all those who change their list frequently, surely this is open to abuse? You could change it in an instant depending which celeb happens to be in the same nightclub as you?! shock

I'd be more comfortable with a static list, to be reviewed perhaps yearly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now