Talk

Advanced search

Victoria Beckham- accident waiting to happen?

(162 Posts)
ElfinNotSoElfin Sun 11-Sep-11 16:12:15

daily mail- warning!

Ok, I love my high heels too...... but the very sight of VB carrying her tiny baby whilst tottering around in sky high platforms made me queasy and worried for the baby's safety.

VB can surely afford a super dooper-kitted out-custom designed-one of a kind buggy, no? Much safer for baby than being carried by a stick figure in ridiculously high heels! And the woman recently had a slipped disc! Urrrghh, her vanity/insecurity/attention-seeking is totally out of control!

<rant over, as you were>

Meglet Sun 11-Sep-11 16:15:53

I know confused. I was looking at it just now and wondering what she was thinking.

Mind you, I bet she's only carrying Harper from the car to a building and the nanny will take over once she's inside.

stressheaderic Sun 11-Sep-11 16:26:37

I thought the same. I was a die-hard heel aficionado prior to having DD. At about 6 months pregnant, I swapped to flats and have never looked back. Why put up with the discomfort? Just don't get it.

On the rare occasion I carried DD in heels (at a wedding for example), I felt like I was tottering and it didn't feel safe at all.
Now DD is walking, if I walk next to her in heels, I feel about 10ft tall and it makes it even harder to hold her little hand, so why bother?

The woman is vain to the point of ridiculousness.
And another thing - what's with dressing her brand new girl in blacks, whites and sludgy greys? This is deliberate surely, as if to say 'look, I'm not as predictable as you think, not a pink frill in sight'.... but I bet she goes full-on Disney Princess style at behind closed doors.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 11-Sep-11 16:29:22

She wears them all the time so I assume she is confident walking in them and I would rather cuddle baby and carry them some of the time than stick them in a pram. I do think she should have been wearing flats for longer though.

1944girl Sun 11-Sep-11 17:29:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 11-Sep-11 17:31:34

But seriously how far do you think she walked - from the limo to the hotel/shop - probably about ten steps

pictish Sun 11-Sep-11 17:32:03

Up to her isn't it?

hocuspontas Sun 11-Sep-11 17:32:24

I assumed they were hand-me-downs from Cruz stresshead grin

georgie22 Sun 11-Sep-11 17:42:22

They have a very nice iCandy Peach which I saw one of them pushing in one photo that appeared online. It's the first time I've ever been ahead of VB in anything!!

ElfinNotSoElfin Sun 11-Sep-11 18:25:27

I wear heels every weekday for work (high ones, 4 inches usually). Because:
a) I am really short (5ft 1) and look like a child without them
b) I drive to work, park up just outside and sit at a desk all day
c) because I love love love gorgeous glam shoes!!! grin

I have 4 children and despite being very comfortable with wearing heels a lot, I would never, ever hold a small baby if I was wearing such high heels.

I've never fallen or tripped, nor have I had any back or foot problems (unlike bunion queen VB). Still, I would not risk the safety of a tiny, precious, fragile baby for the sake of vanity. Buggy or flats (or low wedge heels) for me if I'm carrying a baby.

Of course it's up to her. She can do what she likes- but I can't help but think that the majority of what she does is for attention, so it's only apt that she is judged. She puts it out there any opportunity she gets. What I resent is when she is endangering her small baby all for the sake of staying in the press. What a joke she is.

chipstick10 Sun 11-Sep-11 18:47:10

She makes me cringe with that ridiculous pout and her insecure clinging to David when ever a camera appears.

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 11-Sep-11 18:48:35

Anyone who wears heels like that at any time for any reason is a twat.

Northernlurker Sun 11-Sep-11 18:53:05

I don't think there is necessarily a problem in wearing heels and carrying a baby if it's what you are used to. This is her fourth child after all - presumably she's used to carrying a baby around!

What I do have a problem ith is her wearing heels if she slipped a disc. Either she didn't do very much damage to her back or she is being very silly andknackering it more.

chickflit Sun 11-Sep-11 18:54:42

When I was about 8 weeks pregnant I was still wearing my heels to work and tottering about in. One day carrying my friend's six month old baby (who I absolutely doted on) from the car into a shop, I tripped over a kerb and fell. I twisted myself really, really badly trying to stop the baby hitting the floor, he was absolutely okay but I completely screwed up my back and knees from the way I fell, and then of course was absolutely terrified for my own unborn baby.

He's a big strapping 10 year old now but it's the one recurring nightmare I often have, although in my dream he hits the floor. Whatever my opinion is of VB I just think she's crazy tottering about in those heels carrying the baby. Stick her in the pram and push her or carry her in the car seat.

noddyholder Sun 11-Sep-11 18:57:17

She always wears shoes like that She would probably not feel any different in flatter shoes.

ElfinNotSoElfin Sun 11-Sep-11 19:02:21

Now normally I would find it hilariously funny if VB were to take an embarrassing tumble.....but I really hope that she doesn't (not while holding baby anyway grin)

GenevieveHawkings Sun 11-Sep-11 21:28:12

Why is it that Posh is always being photographed clutching this baby like a sack of potatoes that she's about to drop? Hasn't it got a pram?

This woman likes nothing more than to have photographers chasing her.

You'd think she'd have got fed up with it by now after all these years but the size of her and her husband's egos (for he is just the same) obviously know no bounds.

It's a shame that the photographers don't just ignore them - they'd probably shrivel up and die after a day or two of that treatment.

orienteerer Sun 11-Sep-11 21:30:29

It's not the shoes I'm focusing on, it's my envy at how slim she is after a 4th child!

catwithflowers Sun 11-Sep-11 21:32:22

Poor woman. So much for female solidarity hmm

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 11-Sep-11 21:36:48

Female solidarity?

Ulysses Sun 11-Sep-11 21:41:02

I think she's being vain and silly.

Eglu Sun 11-Sep-11 21:43:09

I know that she wears those type of shoes all the time, so is less likely to fall than anyone else in ridiculous platforms. But still it seems a silly risk to take, especially when surrounded by paparazzi who could cause you to trip with their jostling etc.

ElfinNotSoElfin Sun 11-Sep-11 21:44:41

Female solidarity??!?! Don't quite see your point catwithflowers.

I fully support VB's right to wear whatever the heck she likes (£1000 shoes, £9000 handbag- go for it, if it makes you happy!). BUT it is plain stupidity and pig-headedness to purposefully endanger her baby by wearing those boots.

The long awaited precious baby girl seems to simple be another accessory to VB. Much like a chihuahua in a handbag. Sorry for sounding harsh- I love clothes, shoes, make up too and am all for looking nice- but taking a tiny baby along to NY Fashion Week as though she is a doll is not behaviour I would stand by any female for!

Gleek Sun 11-Sep-11 21:45:27

VB is very used to wearing heels so I don't think it's that much of a problem.

Plenty of people trip over kerbs, drain covers, cracks in pavement etc when wearing flat shoes. I think it's a bit silly to get so hysterical over her wearing heels for what is probably a very short walk.

Also, this is her job, it is New York Fashion Week. Slumming around in converse isn't really going to cut it. Take issue with the whole industry and societal expectations on women, not VB for conforming.

ElfinNotSoElfin Sun 11-Sep-11 21:45:57

'simply be', not 'simple be' blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now