Talk

Advanced search

is it just me or is Madonna looking a bit odd?

(32 Posts)
Moulesfrites Thu 01-Sep-11 19:32:11

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2032520/Venice-Film-Festival-2011-Madonna-shows-wrinkle-free-face-W-E-photocall.html

botox much??

Meglet Thu 01-Sep-11 22:19:09

cheek implants, face lift, botox, fillers.

She looks older than she is because her face is so frozen.

PersonalClown Thu 01-Sep-11 22:23:35

Why do so many have those weird cheek things?
It just never looks right.

5inthebed Thu 01-Sep-11 22:26:29

Her cheeks look very odd, she looks awful.

CoteDAzur Thu 01-Sep-11 22:29:09

Tbh, she looks younger than 53 and her face isn't as immobile as some others I have seen in person. Still, she looks weird.

Wtf is a "human placenta facial", though? shock

caughtinanet Thu 01-Sep-11 22:31:45

A bit odd is an understatement, how is it people who have all this work done can't see how weird they look afterwards.

Very bizarre.

Tortington Thu 01-Sep-11 22:34:20

im not a big fan at all, but i think she looks great

if i had the money id suck the shit out of everything, tuck the fuck out of everything too

kangers Thu 01-Sep-11 22:37:23

Bit of a shame that Madonna cannot accept her wrinkles- she is my idol and I cannot keep up with her.
Ok with the fitness regime but her face should be wrinkly- at least laughter lines and frown lines.

AnnoyingOrange Thu 01-Sep-11 22:38:19

She doesn't look like she used to.

She looks like someone who looks a bit like Madonna

franke Thu 01-Sep-11 22:39:24

Someone in the comments bit says she looks like Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" They've got a point.

Why do these women do this to themselves?

pictish Thu 01-Sep-11 22:41:22

Her daughter Lourdes is the spit of her mother and an absolute stunner.
Madonna needs to give in gracefully to nature now. She looks quite unlike herself these days.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 01-Sep-11 22:44:53

When I say I find it spooky, I am not exaggerating. It honestly FREAKS ME that these people are content to change the way they look, to look like an actual different person to how they looked before. It is utterly Stepford Wives.

pictish Thu 01-Sep-11 22:45:57

Oh God she's the new Cher isn't she?

Dear me. How the mighty have fallen. grin

FunnysInTheGarden Thu 01-Sep-11 22:50:54

she looks ike Jerry Hall. Very odd

CarlaBruni Thu 01-Sep-11 22:56:49

Looks like her nose and chin have been filed off.

Seepage Thu 01-Sep-11 22:59:50

note the high neck. bet her neck is alcrepy and wrinkly.

she looks just like Dot Cottons new sister.

Meglet Thu 01-Sep-11 23:01:05

The thing is she'd look fab if she didn't muck about with her face. It's not like she's been doing crystal meth for the last 50 years is it hmm.

Yoga and a macrobiotic diet must leave you with pretty good skin, but she's virtually undone all that hard work.

CoteDAzur Thu 01-Sep-11 23:05:54

Maybe not crystal meth, but she's been doing drugs for a long time. I vaguely remember her comments about ketamine & ecstasy about ten years ago, when she moved to the UK.

southeastastra Thu 01-Sep-11 23:12:49

she would have probably aged really well naturally

shame we'll never know now

CoteDAzur Fri 02-Sep-11 15:56:26

She probably feels she has to stay young because showbiz demands it. I suppose there also the pressure of seeing your ex-husband with a much younger girl who easily pops him a baby whereas you ended up adopting two children because you were too old to have your own.

suzikettles Fri 02-Sep-11 15:58:29

She looks like Priscilla Presley. Actually they all look the same don't they?

Hoto Fri 02-Sep-11 16:03:15

they do all look the same. When I first saw the photo on Daybreak AHEM Radio 4 I thought it was Kylie.

GloriaVanderbilt Fri 02-Sep-11 16:12:50

Oh I think she looks really nice.

,naive>

flimflammery Fri 02-Sep-11 16:30:36

If you base your public persona almost entirely on your sexuality, as Madonna did, then how can you allow yourself to age gracefully into a non-sex-object?

That aside, who the fuck is paid by a national rag newspaper to write sentences like this one?
"Madge's first film, Filth And Wisdom was released in 2008 but didn't go down as well as the singer would have hoped, so her appearance in Venice is one of importance as she hopes to blow critics away with her second effort."
I mean, how many aspiring journalists who can actually put together a coherent sentence were turned down for a job in favour of Kirsty McCormack?

franke Sat 03-Sep-11 07:25:40

The thing is I can see that there is a pressure to stay looking young. But these women don't look young, they just look freakish. Their true looks are being somehow disguised, but the disguise isn't a young face. What do they see when they look in the mirror?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now