Talk

Advanced search

Hoiking up my judgey pants and saying, 'Kate Hudson get home and look after your week old son'

(15 Posts)
pinkytheshrinky Wed 20-Jul-11 07:36:31

That is it really - This is when I have to admit reading the Daily Mail online but really this child is a week old. Benefit Dinner after a day at the beach after being out the day before and being constantly photographed post partum but sans baby Bingham (fucking daft name but that's another thread). I do understand that taking this baby out with her initially would be difficult re. paps and such but it is one week, surely trips to the beach, lunches and benefit dinners can wait a little bit?

This baby is a week old and surely he needs to be with one of his parents?????

noddyholder Wed 20-Jul-11 07:38:35

? How do you know the baby isn,t just out of sight. I say good on her for getting out .she prob doesn,t want he pics of her baby all over the press

pinkytheshrinky Wed 20-Jul-11 07:47:14

Obviously she doesn't want lots of baby pics, that is completely understandable - what I am questioning is what is wrong with keeping a low profile for a week?
This baby is still now about 8 days old

Good on her for getting out - not best for the baby though is it?

thestringcheeseincident Wed 20-Jul-11 07:54:04

How do you know she wasn't out for just an hour or something? I went to the supermarket day 4 after my baby was born, leaving her home with granny. I was gone about an hour.

pinkytheshrinky Wed 20-Jul-11 08:02:10

She went to a Benefit Dinner - that is not an hour

After being our during the day - like I said judgey pants are pulled up nice and high but i think a baby being left on so many occasions in the first week of it's life by both it's parents seems a bit sad.

During the week her and her partner and other son have been photographed constantly - I couldn't have left my new baby for an evening, not if you had paid me (and trust me when I tell you I am not Mother of the Year!)

It always seems to me that a lot of celebs just cannot bear to miss a photo opportunity

noddyholder Wed 20-Jul-11 08:44:55

It is fine to go out! The baby will not hold it against her I am sure. She has another child so not exactly inexperienced looking after a child and he looks ok. I went out when ds was just born and I am sure he doesn't feel hard done by He is 17 now and has never mentioned it wink

Gastonladybird Wed 20-Jul-11 08:54:02

I admire her energy- also day at beach / lunch out esp if with older kid may help him come to terms with new baby as still gets some mum time.

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 20-Jul-11 09:06:43

Are you sure you didn't put on your sexist pants by mistake?

ihavenewsockson Wed 20-Jul-11 09:23:24

I got the feeling that she was making sure her older son got some attention and didn't feel left out- after all, it's just been him adn his mum for 7 years.

I also got the impression she didn't want the baby to be papped. Can't say I blame her.

nineyearoldsarerude Wed 20-Jul-11 23:06:29

I must admit to wondering the same as the op. Couldn't imagine being away from a newborn so much!

mycatsaysach Wed 20-Jul-11 23:08:21

don't be silly op - celebs don't actually look after their own babies

katkitya Thu 21-Jul-11 16:09:31

She's just a glorified groupy. I've never had any time for her. Bingham?? What annoys me is that everyone on here had enough to say about Harper but Bingham doesn't get criticises at all!!

ifancyashandy Tue 26-Jul-11 00:08:45

She may just have been photographed on the red carpet for the benefit do. Often happens. Arrive, do red carpet pap shots, walk into venue, walk out back door. Home to newborn. Way of keeping face in mags without having to sit through another 'boring' evening.

Or she could have been well up for a night on the lash! We'll never know...

CaptainNancy Tue 26-Jul-11 00:13:33

Bingham is a very odd name IMO...

katkitya Tue 26-Jul-11 10:07:41

I saw the beach pictures yesterday and she is glowing I have to say. I just thought, at least she wasn't too posh to push. We won't speculate on whether she's breastfeeding though!! She's got abig age gap so probably wanted to spend some time with her big boy. Is it just me or, has that guy from Muse got better looking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now