Talk

Advanced search

The Inclusive Academy of Sword Fighting Skills for the Vertically Challenged, Milton North Campus

(1001 Posts)
TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 16:00:26

Selected master classes available in;

Beard Plaiting
Grimacing
Application of Prosthetics
Dragon Taming

Please make welcome our new lecturer.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 18-Jul-11 16:19:05

Oh crumbs. He doesn't look very approachable, does he? I hope seminars will be done on a group basis - I'd be scared to go to a one-to-one tutorial.

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 16:41:01

Put it this way Maud, I don't think he will have any problems with students chatting in lectures.

DumSpiroSpero Mon 18-Jul-11 17:23:37

Have just been reading the comments on Facebook. The Thorin look is not proving very popular.

I think his thudworthiness will probably increase when we see him 'in action' as Thorin though.

PassTheTwiglets Mon 18-Jul-11 17:42:07

Thanks Small, lovely place you have here! <looks worriedly at scary professor>

That's interesting, Spiro - they seemed to love it on Twitter...

LadyD, can I ask - do you use tragacanth (or CMC) when using fondant? On he one hand, it makes the figures get harder, but then you have to work quicker before they start to harden...

PassTheTwiglets Mon 18-Jul-11 17:42:26

No, Spiro...

grin

DumSpiroSpero Mon 18-Jul-11 17:51:24

Can you make me a life size RA out of sugar paste (heavy on the tragacanth grin)? I'm sure you'd get away with bringing it on the train on the 4th.

<<wonders how I'd explain bringing that home to Mr Spiro hmm>>

Twigs, perhaps I should make you a John Lucas as you're, ahem, coming by train?! wink

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 18:52:27

<tips ice bucket over Spiro and Twigs for Health and Safety reasons>

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 18:53:15

btw Twigs, I got the last post <sticks tongue out> grin

PassTheTwiglets Mon 18-Jul-11 18:57:42

ROFL @ heavy on the tragacanth and coming by train grin grin grin Ah, John Lucas... <sighs nostalgically>

Yes, Small - don't think I didn't notice that <glares>

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 18:59:28

well that's what happens when you swan off baking cakes for the afternoon leaving a thread unattended.

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 18:59:42

<gloats>

LadyDamerel Mon 18-Jul-11 19:02:47

Nice place, do we have curtains and wallpaper coming soon or are the bare rock walls staying? Lovely dining table though - looks very sturdy, is it oak?

I definitely don't like the look of the new lecturer, he's too fierce for my liking but he may grow on me when he's a bit more animated.

Twigs, I use a heaped teaspoon of Tylo powder (CMC) to a 1kg block of sugarpaste which stiffens it enough to make modelling easy but doesn't cause it to dry too fast while you're working with it.

Spiro, life sized might be tricky but I could manage a pocket sized one grin. Do you want him like this? Or as Lucas?

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 19:06:08

Blimey don't tell Spiro the table's sturdy....

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 19:06:55

\If we're placing orders can I have a Lucas or JP pleeeeaaaase?

LadyDamerel Mon 18-Jul-11 19:08:52

::Gets out order book::

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 18-Jul-11 19:24:07

Do you think our new visiting lecturer approves of anything as cissy as curtains?

Isn't the point about a life-sized sugarpaste Lucas that by the time Spiro got it home it would be smaller than Thorin and all the fine detail would have been licked off?

DumSpiroSpero Mon 18-Jul-11 19:37:50

smaller than Thorin

What exactly are you implying about the King under the Mountain, Maud?

Besides we all know it's not the size that counts but what you do with it!

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 18-Jul-11 19:49:10

Oh for heaven's sake, Spiro. ::rolls eyes:: I am not going to break the habit of a lifetime and actually read Tolkien ::shudder:: but Thorin is a dwarf and so I'm guessing about four foot tall. Lucas, as we know, is six foot two. So that's about two feet of sugarpaste for you to consume on the train back to Spiroville.

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 20:18:41

I think she knows that Maud but was just looking forth gag. wink not literally of course, although...

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 20:20:53

For the not forth, obviously.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 18-Jul-11 20:37:01

Moi aussi, Small, moi aussi.

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 20:42:52

Can you use a cravat? <innocent>

LadyDamerel Mon 18-Jul-11 20:52:11

I don't think a cravat would be wide enough, looking at it objectively.

TheSmallPrint Mon 18-Jul-11 20:56:46

Eh?

I see the vice chancellor has popped by to see how the new lecturer has settled in. <puts lippy on>

This thread is not accepting new messages.