Talk

Advanced search

So, who've you seen/met recently..

(69 Posts)
AnonymousBird Thu 28-Apr-11 13:55:40

who we might have heard of and what were they doing?

I have nothing in the recent past to offer, so am all ears.....

neverontime Thu 28-Apr-11 13:59:19

Yesterday i saw Michelle Collins struggling to walk in ridiculously high heeled boots through Bolton town centre.

castlesintheair Thu 28-Apr-11 17:03:25

I just walked past Beth Goddard (Philip Glenister's wife also an actress). A regular occurrence as they live just around the corner.

I also stared at Richard E Grant in Waitrose. I'm not normally a starer but he has mesmerising eyes and is very tall.

ArseyArsington Fri 29-Apr-11 20:50:01

I sometimes see Pat from EE in M&S and I saw one of JLS the other week but have no idea which one.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 29-Apr-11 20:59:51

I was in Weybridge town centre last Wednesday and I noticed this really slim woman holding a really young baby .I started chatting to her (Im that type of person ) and I thought her accent and face were familer . It was Abbey Clancy . Peter Crouch was stading a few feet away so i didnt see him at first .

Meglet Fri 29-Apr-11 22:04:06

I saw Cat Deeley outside Buckingham Palace on Monday afternoon. She was doing a piece to camera. TBH as I walked closer to her I though she was a drag queen for a moment as her hair looked fake and she had so much make up on blush. After a minute I realised it was her and all made up for TV, she was actually very pretty.

PureBloodMuggle Wed 04-May-11 00:45:01

Brian O'Driscoll (rugby player in case your wondering) is as about as exciting as my celeb spotting has been recently!

I have the habit of the whole 'do I know them? Should I remember their name? Oh god I hope I'm not suppoed to know them' and then five mins later realising they are actually famous and not someone I was introduced to a while back

MrsVidic Fri 06-May-11 17:43:58

ADam rickett lives near me and we run down the same lanes, he's looking skinny!

hifi Fri 06-May-11 18:38:09

peter capaldi,twice
billy off eastenders
steven mangham
sophie okenodo {sp} mcevoy

hifi Fri 06-May-11 18:40:08

peter capaldi,twice
billy off eastenders
steven mangham
sophie okenodo {sp}
james Macevoy

AnonymousBird Fri 06-May-11 19:47:11

How/where and why did you see them and what were they doing hifi?

<nosey>

Fabio Capello, sat next to DD3 on flight home
Most of the TOWIE mob in Marbs
Ask again in about 8 weeks and my post will read like an issue of Heat Mag (not that I'm a sleb stalker, but we live in Marbella and they're all over the place like unwanted flies grin

PureBloodMuggle Fri 06-May-11 20:33:14

I live in Dublin AnonymousBird and a lot of the Irish 'celebs' live near me (though I'm sorry to say that i don't live in the same area just my estate ends where it starts.

I am living the dream (just slightly to the side)

SixtyFootDoll Sat 07-May-11 12:41:30

The Hoffman patted my brothers dog on Swansea sea front a few weeks back.

hifi Sat 07-May-11 14:31:13

anonymousbird - they all live around north london

lucykate Sat 07-May-11 14:36:03

this week i met julian fellowes, robert hardy, donald sinden and david starkey.

AnonymousBird Sat 07-May-11 15:18:51

Bit of a theme developing there LucyKate - the older well spoken man?!?!?

NoWayNoHow Sat 07-May-11 15:34:58

My DS just ran his scooter into the feet of Tiff Needell from Fifth Gear whilst we were in Canterbury. But that's the only sleb sighting of late - moving out of London has been detrimental to my spotting of them.

Collision Sat 07-May-11 15:36:39

I met Steve Backshall at his wild show last week.

We won tickets to have autographs and photo taken with him.

grin <swoon>

BigBadMummy Sat 07-May-11 18:03:30

I met Dhruv Baker (last year's Masterchef winner) and Jay Rayner at the Real Food Festival in London. Oh the chap that runs Shine TV the production company for Masterchef.

They were all very un-starry and lovely.

cookielove Sat 07-May-11 18:10:14

Hifi -billy off eastenders is my work colleagues cousin

I saw Jimmy Carr in st.albans uh hem i had tickets to his tour, doubt that counts

I've seen lacey turner (stacey off eastenders) in borehamwood shopping centre

went to thorpe park a few weeks ago and saw Alison from big brother (larger black lady who went on to do some morning tv after appearing on bb)

nannyj Sun 08-May-11 16:01:00

Melanie Sykes and Denise Van Outen having a lovey hug in the street. Melanie Sykes is beyond gorgeous in real life! Then on my way home saw Ricky Gervais walking down the street. Think he lives round the corner from me and he's really skinny! Wanted to ask him for weight loss tips grin

IslaValargeone Sun 08-May-11 19:53:32

I hate living in shitesville, I would love to see Robert Hardy and would be hysterical at the prospect of bumping into Richard E Grant.

lucykate Mon 09-May-11 10:47:45

AB - they were all at an exhibition private view in london. i didn't recognise donald sinden at first, he was very sweet and took a real shine to the dc's. all i could think when i saw robert hardy was cornelious fudge saying 'he's back...'!

migola Thu 12-May-11 18:36:38

I never see celebs anymore since moving out of London sad. Used to work in Soho and live near Hampstead Heath and they were rife. Sigh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now