Talk

Advanced search

Academy Of Armitage Studies - pass the Twiglets...

(1001 Posts)
Bodenbabe Thu 02-Dec-10 12:56:35

Welcome to the new common room! Grab yourself some Twiglets and a glass of Chateau Gisborne or some Polish Cordial and come on in - the water's lovely!

StripeyMoon Thu 02-Dec-10 15:36:28

<eats all the twiglets in an unforgiveable act of gluttony and then hides>

PrairieOyster Thu 02-Dec-10 23:29:02

I turned off the light in the old home - hope that's ok!

MrsLucasNorth Thu 02-Dec-10 23:29:37

You realise I will actually have to add vodka and twiglets to the Christmas food shopping list now?!

Theresaholeinyourmind Thu 02-Dec-10 23:30:43

Maybe it's as well we moved over here before you read my last post.

PrairieOyster Thu 02-Dec-10 23:32:32

A gentle reminder to vote here as often as you can (and ask others to if you can!)

asmallbunchofflowers Thu 02-Dec-10 23:33:00

Ooh, cosy here isn't it? Boden has furnished the common room very nicely.

Twiglets are yummy. One can't have a proper (or improper, if that's your preference) Christmas without them.

Bodenbabe Thu 02-Dec-10 23:34:38

Not sure if my last essay came throiugh or not - I thougtg there was space left but then it said the thread was too big. So reposting here in case it didn't show:
----------------------------------
Guy's Doll - tee hee, nice one!

I am a dunce, I misread big band as dance band! I like big bands but dislike (and used to work on) dance bands. I've been out with DH and shared a bottle of Prosecco so not really concentrating. Re. other programmes, I'll probably be outing myself <kids self that anyone else on MN knows or cares about me> but I worked at Radio 2 for many years and loads of the programmes thereon.

The John Standring vid is very sweet.
---------------------------------

Ok, that's me done for the evening. Wew went to the cinema to see Mr Potter's latest work but it was closed! Went for drinkies instead, so not all lost Night, all. x

asmallbunchofflowers Thu 02-Dec-10 23:34:57

I read your last post, Theresa.

<<fans self>>

I am sure that Mr Thornton is secure enough in his masculinity that he would look very fine in guyliner. But why try to improve on perfection?

Poor Guy has never even seen a potato.

asmallbunchofflowers Thu 02-Dec-10 23:36:28

<<Wonders whether Boden is in fact Terry Wogan>>

Theresaholeinyourmind Thu 02-Dec-10 23:37:45

Night Boden. A superior alternative to Mr P. methinks!
Your last message did come though in the old place, okay, how strange though

Theresaholeinyourmind Thu 02-Dec-10 23:43:56

Poor, poor Guy, never had fish and chips. with mushy peas. He would have had mushy peas though, come to think of it.
No roasties. No bangers and mash,Food was pretty horrible in those days. Most of it was meat. And that was just the puddings.

Theresaholeinyourmind Thu 02-Dec-10 23:51:59

Are we all okay in here or is all the space making us dizzy? Do I need to call out the doctor ?

asmallbunchofflowers Thu 02-Dec-10 23:52:23

Plenty of turnip and swede, though. Eewww. We were watching more of series 1 tonight at Offspring's insistence and I noticed that Guy pulled a face and sneered at the foreign muck being served to the Saracen guests. Obviously not a foodie.

asmallbunchofflowers Thu 02-Dec-10 23:58:37

I do suddenly feel a little weak. Perhaps the good doctor might take my pulse?

<<proffers wrist>>

Theresaholeinyourmind Thu 02-Dec-10 23:58:38

Guy sneered at most things in season one, didn't he? and sniffed? And who can blame him, not fancying a dodgy kebab.

He does like a nice apple though doesn't he?

Theresaholeinyourmind Fri 03-Dec-10 00:00:44

Fancy coming round and seeing him there shining his light in you eyes
''Curses, this patient keeps passing out''

asmallbunchofflowers Fri 03-Dec-10 00:04:51

Mind you, in that shot he has blood on his latex gloves, so I probably would have passed out instantly. On the other hand, there was this startling image.

Theresaholeinyourmind Fri 03-Dec-10 00:11:27

Another Old Master --the walls are pretty bare here, I shall have to source more but I'm getting cross-eyed again. That's probably why I didn't notice the tomato ketchup blood.

asmallbunchofflowers Fri 03-Dec-10 00:16:53

If you want to adorn the walls of the senior common room with Old Masters, don't forget the Strike Back Michelangelo.

asmallbunchofflowers Fri 03-Dec-10 00:18:59

I know it's fake, but I am squeamish about blood. Which makes being a blood donor an interesting experience.

Theresaholeinyourmind Fri 03-Dec-10 00:21:10

I still think that should be done in oils, it's a wonderful photo as well as a wonderful subject. Wouldn't it make a talking point when you had friends round to dinner?

asmallbunchofflowers Fri 03-Dec-10 00:25:40

As we discussed before, I think a sculpture would be better still, as it's such a strong pose and it could be viewed from every angle (although I might change my mind if I knew what he's actually doing).

Theresaholeinyourmind Fri 03-Dec-10 00:29:40

Here's an unusual little portrait

Theresaholeinyourmind Fri 03-Dec-10 00:35:28

Obviously a meticulous study of Strike Back is called for here before you embark on such an expensive project which you might later be forced to abandon.
My thought is that in life size 3D it would cause your lady guests totally to ignore your food.
Though you might be able to press them to a twiglet.

This thread is not accepting new messages.