Talk

Advanced search

Can anybody recommend a snow holiday?

(7 Posts)
qwertpoiuy Mon 26-Oct-09 19:49:46

I would really love to go ski-ing, but with 3 children it is going to be v.v.expensive! And I don't know if they would enjoy it after all that.

So i wondered about going on a snow holiday, staying in a nice child-friendly hotel with plenty for the children to do and with the option of my DH or I going ski-ing for 1 or 2 days.

That would work out cheaper. has anybody ever done this?

qwertpoiuy Mon 26-Oct-09 19:50:25

And if so, is there anywhere you would recommend?

WibblingDad Wed 28-Oct-09 11:46:27

If you are not after a full on skiing holiday (or even if you are I guess) these guys could be worth a look http://www.kinderhotels.com/en-index.htm . For a first time may be a bit more flexible than the traditional family ski hols operators.

WibblingDad Wed 28-Oct-09 11:49:39

Just noticed there is another thread with a bit of chat about Kinderhotels here

shockers Wed 28-Oct-09 12:03:10

How old are your children? We had a very cheap all inclusive skiing hol in Romania last jan... kids loved it!

qwertpoiuy Wed 28-Oct-09 18:12:47

Thanks for your replies! My children are aged 9, 7 and 3 shockers.

shockers Wed 28-Oct-09 20:57:04

Ours were 8 and 10 ( although 10 yr old has special needs) The children both had lessons...dd was appointed her own ski instructor after not managing to keep up after the first day and spent a couple of hours a day pootling about on the nursery slope, eating apple pie, building snowmen and throwing snowballs at him! I did see very small children having lessons but I think they may have been Romanian.
There was a 4 hour transfer though so a bit much for your little one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now