Talk

Advanced search

Peak Retreats -can anyone recommend?

(3 Posts)
CatherineofMumbles Mon 31-Aug-09 21:08:59

Looking to take short break with them next winter - would be grateful for any views - thanks!

serinBrightside Wed 02-Sep-09 19:11:28

We went with them this Easter.
Long drive with the kids which we broke with a stay at Disney on the way back.
Accom was fine (Les marmottes at St Jean D'Arves) but would not like to drive up the mountain pass in the height of winter as v scary even at Easter when the pass was snow free.
Ski conditions were great, piste well maintained and resort v. child friendly but do not believe the bit about the free beginners ski lift pass in the Peak Retreats brochure, we were charged in resort!
Free upgrade on the Eurostar is good, as if you arrive early you can just get on the train, no waiting at all.
Overall it was a cheap way to ski but I think I would have rather paid the extra and flown.

happywomble Sun 11-Oct-09 10:16:06

We have just booked an appartment in montgenevre with them. Haven't taken the holiday yet. I booked with their sister company Ski Collection last year and they were excellent. So my experience has only been positive so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now