Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for adult snow boots

(7 Posts)
chicaguapa Sun 30-Aug-09 22:34:43

I am searching the websites for snow boots for our skiing holiday over new year (and looking on ebay). I really like the Hi Tec St Moritz ones but not sure I can justify £50 as I'm not sure if we'll be going skiing again in the near future.

I have bought a lovely skiing jacket so I don't mind getting a non-stylish pair in the interests of saving money. I've looked at some old threads on here but the links are all dead. I can live with these but I guess it depends on how much the "boot" will be visible over a week's holiday and whether the trousers are tucked into the boot which I don't think would look very good with these.

I'll probably wear them in the afternoons to play in the snow with DC as I don't think they'll be wanting to ski every day after ski school and we'll be going out at least once as the chalet hosts have an evening off.

Any advice/ comments? I spend far too long thinking about style over function but want to get the balance right without spending too much unneccesarily. Does that make sense?

chicaguapa Tue 01-Sep-09 16:26:18

Anyone? I guess it's too early for people to be thinking about winter. wink

greygirl Tue 01-Sep-09 17:35:01

i can't access that website but i am thinking of buying a pair of leather boots for general going out, and using a pair of gravis snowboots i have had for a while for 'snowplay'. i haven't done snowplay before (as no kids then) so hadn't thought of needing a 'day snowboot'. Mmmm, you have me thinking now.
and it is NEVER too early to be thinking of winter, in my opinion grin

chicaguapa Tue 01-Sep-09 18:51:43

The broken link isn't very helpful is it? They were just the Cotton Trader ones with the black welly bit around the bottom. This might work?

I wondered about getting those for 'snowplay' and maybe buying a separate pair for going out at night - when I'm guessing you tuck your jeans into the boots and they become more visible. Could wear those for travelling too.

mumof2222222222222222boys Wed 02-Sep-09 13:13:26

To be honest I just use walking boots - I have one ancient pair and one newer pair that cost about £30. won't keep all the snow out, but works for me!

Where are you going?

chicaguapa Fri 04-Sep-09 19:42:00

We are going to Morzine for new year. Very exciting. DC are really looking forward to it.

CaurnieBred Mon 07-Sep-09 00:12:55

Get on the Tchibo mailing list. They do snowboots at very reasonable prices but you need to get them when they are on offer (stock is only available for a few weeks).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now