Talk

Advanced search

Breckenridge!!

(9 Posts)
AWinHW Thu 27-Aug-09 21:56:01

Hiya,

Anyone been to Breckenridge and can suggest a place to stay?

We're looking for a condo/house that will be big enough for 6 or a place that we can all get smaller places next to each other.

Don't mind a short shuttle to the slopes.

We'll have a 15 month old with us as well so any tips or advice much appreciated!

Thanks - seems wrong to talk about skiing when the summer isn't out!

Geocentric Thu 27-Aug-09 22:01:20

Love it! I used to go with my dad before I got married... He still goes with my DB. We always rent a condo at the Sundowner complex - its at the bottom of the 4 o'clock run so you can have a long, lazy ski home.

Shuttle to slopes leaves from the front of the condo. The unit we usually stay at is a bit small for 6, but I think they may have others. Anyhow, its on the 4 o'clock road, which is walking distance to town, too.

Will be trying it with the DCs in 2011. smile But Breck has loads of kiddie activities, too.

Breckenridge Brewery is a must for one dinner...

<sigh> Missing it now! Its a pretty laid back place, very nice.

Geocentric Thu 27-Aug-09 22:02:51

(re condo) Meaning that any condo on the 4 o'clock road is well placed both for skiing home and (if at the bottom end) for walking to town. Not too far from supermarket, either.

skihorse Fri 28-Aug-09 18:30:09

Will a 15 month old be OK with the altitude?

I was in Breck this year and was knocked for six up the top of peak 8. shock I was taking oxygen some nights too.

www.vrbo.com for all your condo needs.

AWinHW Fri 28-Aug-09 20:59:44

Thank you!

I'll be looking up the Sundowner complex and hopefully they'll have something for us.

I have no idea if she'll be OK with the altitude we won't take her up the mountain so i guess we'll have to see. I'll do some research see what people say!

DadInsteadofMum Tue 01-Sep-09 15:55:43

Mrs Insteadof got bad altitude sickness at resort level. For accommodation found a local agent who set us up with exactly what we wanted.

jicky Thu 03-Sep-09 17:47:50

Dh and I suffered with the altitude when we went. Not really ill, just unpleasant, wouldn't take a child that young personally unless stopping in Denver for a couple of days.

We did this with ds1 when we went to Aspen one summer. Also he couldn't regulate the ear pressure, so the drive was pretty grim, as he screamed on the way up each pass and then again on the way down!

skihorse Thu 03-Sep-09 19:34:26

OP, I really think you need to consider the baby here - you've got a fair handful of adults here saying the altitude was too much for us - but at least as adults we're able to articulate what's going on. We can blow our ears, buy some oxygen - a baby can't.

Breck is lovely, but Colorado just might not be the right place for you right now.

WibblingDad Fri 11-Sep-09 13:05:42

Being a killjoy I'd add to the comments of others re altitude. I felt sick as a pike the first time I went to Breck (which is a great place). Not sure I'd have it on my list until DD is over 2 - and even then the length of the flight + transfer would probably put me off; she has yet to develop her parents' love of travelling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now