Talk

Advanced search

Family Ski Company

(8 Posts)
BeachMum3 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:12:19

We went skiing with Family Ski Company last winter and had a fantastic time. The whole set up is really well thought out for the family our kids really enjoyed it, meaning we did too! The childcare was second to none - our littlest one went to the nursery and settled really quickly, the 4 & 7 year old went to ski school where there was a helper on hand the whole time to help them along. Towards the end of the week we were all skiing together, which was amazing (as was the hot tub and the food back at the chalet!).

If anyone is thinking of going with them and has any questions feel free to ask - I would highly recommend them.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 06-Oct-09 20:17:25

Not sure if you'll see this after all this time, but where did you go exactly?

We're thinking of booking a chalet in Ardent for next year.

BeachMum3 Thu 08-Oct-09 22:36:15

Hi just saw your message.

We went to Ardent and stayed in Chalet Grolets - all excellent - going with them again this year and can't wait...

If you have any questions I'm happy to help!

MollieO Thu 08-Oct-09 22:41:52

When were you there? We were there early Jan.

BeachMum3 Sat 10-Oct-09 09:32:30

We were there then too! 10th to 17th Jan. Going back 10th to 16th this year as the weather was so good!! Hoping for the same again this year??

MollieO Sat 10-Oct-09 22:38:02

We were there the week before! We had the ensuite room at the top.

We are going to La Tania as Family Ski said they weren't interested in offering a guiding service and I ended up having lessons just to have people to ski with. It was my first skiing holiday with ds and I had thought that I'd meet people in the chalet to ski with but they were coupley couples and not very friendly to me (single mum). One even questioned how I could afford the holiday hmm.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 11-Oct-09 13:49:51

BeachMum3 - we've just booked to go to that chalet the week after you! We're a group of 3 families so will have the 3 top rooms.

How old are your children?

MollieO - How old is your ds? Have you already booked La Tania? There's 2 free rooms the week that we're going and you'd be more than welcome to ski with us but we're not the fittest bunch right now so they may be frequent vin chaud stops!

MollieO Sun 11-Oct-09 18:04:20

Thanks Iwish that sounds like my kind of skiing! We booked La Tania last March. Ds is at school so we are restricted to school holidays (ish - he'll miss three days of term!). Hope you have a lovely time.

I thought the ski nanny part was excellent. The one day I decided to collect ds early he didn't want to leave!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now