Talk

Advanced search

Who's been to Sainte Foy? enough for intermediates to ski?

(7 Posts)
Work2hard Sun 12-Apr-09 20:21:57

Am trying to sort out booking for next season (planning to go at Christmas for various reasons to dull to mention so need to get sorted).
Thinking about a couple of options in Ste Foy but am worried that skiing locally will be too advanced for DH and me who both only learnt in the last 2 years and are not at all advanced.
Our 2 Dcs will be 5 and 7 and it will be their 3rd time out - they'll be with ski school for most of their skiing.
I would be very grateful for any feedback on staying there, we are going round the twist comparing different options in 2 or 3 places.
thanks...Workers.

Work2hard Mon 13-Apr-09 20:23:05

ok, I've booked....now if any of you have been there could you tell me if you thought the ESF there was ok with your kids? there is one other ski school and I am not greatly impressed with ESF so would welcome any experience of either you can report

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Thu 16-Apr-09 11:22:03

no experience of ESF in that resort but have used them in two other resorts. Always found them great with the kids tbh and impressed with level of adult tuition too (particularly in Belle Plagne).

What have you not been impressed by with them?

Work2hard Sat 18-Apr-09 22:04:11

couple of things RMSJ - over-large classes (some of them are huge) and the very brisk attitude. I think they could be a b it more encouraging and gentle with the little-ys. I also had a private lesson with an ESF guy a few weeks ago in portes du soleil and his English wasn't really good enough to help me much.

Have had good experiences with other schools and teachers (French, English and Swedish) so put the attitude down to the ESF culture. Very pleased to hear you have had good experience with them.

Rebeccaj Thu 23-Apr-09 15:51:33

St Foy is great for novices and intermediates - there is plenty for you to ski, no problem. If anything it's the more advanced skiers who would feel the need to go somewhere else after a while.

It's a lovely resort, we've been going there for about 8 years now. DD has had several private ski lessons (she's too young for school) and her teachers have been lovely.

Where are you staying?

Work2hard Fri 17-Jul-09 10:51:31

Rebeccaj I just found your post sorry, it's been MONTHS!!

We are staying at a chalet called Les Sapins with Ventureski. It's quite big - has a swimming pool and spa in the basement. Haven't been with them before but have been v impressed with their attitude.

If you have any insights into what we should/shouldn't do in Ste Foy they would be very gratefully received.

Workers.

deste Thu 17-Sep-09 22:25:28

We have booked for St Foy for January 2010. Chalet Bazilhote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now