Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ski Boots - allowed as hand baggage?

(14 Posts)
mumof2222222222222222boys Fri 13-Mar-09 19:52:45

Hi. Does anyone know if Easyjet lets you fly with boots as part of your hand baggage allowance? I think the bag is ok in terms of dimensions and weight, but will it be deemed an offensive weapon?? I heard recently about someone who wasn't allowed to take a ski helmet through Grenoble airport, so if anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks!

MadMazza Fri 13-Mar-09 19:54:38

You would check them in as outsize baggage with Easy Jet. They go in the hold with the skis, buggies, booster seats etc I think.

I'd have thought if its your only bag then it would be fine. Sadly gone are the days when yo used to be allowed to wear your ski boots on the plane to get round weight restrictions. Some excuse about not being able to exit the plane quickly in the event of an emergency ,pah. smile

mumof2222222222222222boys Fri 13-Mar-09 20:05:36

Thanks for speedy responses ladies.

It is actually smaller than the rucksack that we're taking as other hand baggage. I know I could check it in as hold baggage but it will cost me £12 each way - and we have 2 "unused" items of hand baggage.

You are allowed: one standard piece of hand baggage to maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm, and this bag is within that allowance - so unless boots are banned (no mention on website that I can find) I should be ok???

Thought about wearing them...but on that one I agree with Easyjet (!) and don't fancy blisters before I wear my lovely new shiny boots for first time (Snow and Rock Sale started today!)

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 13-Mar-09 23:22:04

I would think you could take them as hand luggage as long as they fit within size/weight restrictions.

Failing that, any chance they will fit into your case/holdall that will be going in the hold?

Constantlycooking Sat 14-Mar-09 15:12:50

how about putting the bootbag inside another rucksack so the check-in staff don't immediately think "hmm should we charge extra?"

DadInsteadofMum Wed 18-Mar-09 14:15:31

Have taken boots as hand luggage and that was Ryanair with their reknowned reputation for tolerance of bending of rules.

fluffles Sat 21-Mar-09 19:14:07

i'm just back from grenoble and you DEFINATELY cannot take boots or helmets into the cabin from grenoble at all - any airline that flies from there.

where are you going on your easyjet flight?

fluffles Sat 21-Mar-09 19:15:00

p.s. we put ours inside our main bags in the hold.

lazymumofteenagesons Sun 22-Mar-09 17:17:26

Flew back from Lyon on Easyjet before Xmas and had to put boot bags in hold. But we did also have rucksack as hand luggage.

DadInsteadofMum Sun 22-Mar-09 23:13:57

Boots were somebody's ONE piece of hand luggage, you can't take them as second piece.

mumof2222222222222222boys Mon 23-Mar-09 12:38:23

Dear All

Flew to Marseille with Easy jet - no problem at all. Even asked if it was ok and they said yes.

Fab holiday (brilliant weather and brilliant snow), but back at work now sad

Oh and the boots were great too!

Directskiandsun Sat 02-May-09 07:19:04

We flew Easyjet to and from Geneva this year, with a ski bootbag as handluggage - no comment made either in Liverpool or Geneva. We would have paid for it if necessary, but it wasn't smile It may be the luck of the draw or who is on duty on the day though

alypaly Tue 08-Sep-09 14:02:56

its weighed as part of your luggage now. Careful cos my friend and i ended up paying £50 excess baggage as we didnt know.
If you buy a ski boarding bag and put luggage skis and boots in it and pay the £16 for ski carriage..you dont have to pay excess baggage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now