Advanced search

Good news for those yet to book their ski break

(26 Posts)
TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 06-Jan-09 20:38:09

Esprit have reduced their prices again today.

Sodding knew I should hold out one more day before booking envy

twizzler Tue 06-Jan-09 21:24:19


Daren't tell DH!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 06-Jan-09 21:35:07

DH wants me to call again in the morning and ask if they would consider a reduction on our rate as they must have known it was going to be reduced further when I called at 10am. Not sure if I have the balls to be honest!

fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 21:40:17

i think you dh has a point - if you don't ask you don't get...but you would have to be fairly ballsy! i would suggest maybe your dh should call and aks them himself?

fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 21:40:56


twizzler Tue 06-Jan-09 21:41:24

Def. agree. Worth a try.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 06-Jan-09 21:42:53

Get him to call, then let us all know how he gets on!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 06-Jan-09 21:42:53

Get him to call, then let us all know how he gets on!

fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 21:43:46

or maybe you could ring them and cry a bit. and say your dh is soooooooo angry with you because he told you to leave it another day or two to see if the prices went down, but you know they are such a fabulous company to go skiing with that you just couldn't wait...and now your are in such big trouble...and dh says if you'd waited you could've gone on one of their summer holidays too and paid them some more money...but now you won't be able to afford it unless they pass some of the discount on to you

fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 21:46:45

what dp and i have had in the back of our minds is that we should take a peek at the small print and check they aren't going to land us with a 'top-up' bill for the things we paid for last year when we booked, like the ski hire, lift passes etc...with the terrible exchange rate at the moment, we can at least comfort ourselves with the fact that we have, in a way, got them for half price!! unless they make us pay some more...though they haven't sad anything so it looks like esprit are making the loss there...

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 06-Jan-09 21:47:00

LOL at you lot!

4 concerned if I adopt your approach that the sales person taking my call will secretly be signalling to colleague to call social services since clearly me and kids are under severe threat from DH !!!!

twizzler Tue 06-Jan-09 21:47:44

Where did you see the reductions? Prices all look the same to me. Or is it just a few of them?

Or am I just being thick? grin.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 06-Jan-09 21:49:19

actually 4kids, the sales woman I spoke to today was so honest that she even told me to not bother buying DS1's ski pass from them as it is much cheaper in resort. I was quite taken aback and definitely took her advice!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 06-Jan-09 21:50:28

I only noticed the reduction on the Chalet Deux Domaines in Belle Plagne - its down by £100 since this morning. Dont know which others have been reduced since thats the one I have been focussed on!

fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 21:53:50

shock that's really interesting!! i was under the impression that they made no profit on he passes or ski hire shock shock and it's so convenient just being handed your pass on the bus on the way there etc that i always do that! angry

or..........maybe they are taking such a hit on them becaus of the exchange rate that they have been told that in order to save the company money they should pretend to be all pally and concerned and 'tip customers off' so they buy in resort?? <hopeful face>

twizzler Tue 06-Jan-09 21:55:17

Ah, yes I see that now. Have just consulted my list of special offers.

(Previously printed out and highlighted - being the saddoorganised person I am...hmm)

fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 21:55:36

but that was only for a child's pass? the adult ones were not cheaper in resort?

fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 21:57:07

while i think about where we can save money...will our 'kitchenette' in the chalet just be a kettle or more? i am thinking can i feed us there maybe on the saturday?

twizzler Tue 06-Jan-09 21:58:01


fourkids Tue 06-Jan-09 22:05:03

TheRealMrsJohnSimm, you are probably right about social services etc. it would be better if your dh called them and cried grin
he could say that you told him it would be better to wait a few days, but he insisted that you do it this morning, and now just look at the bother he's in! he should have listened, after all you are always right, and he just doesn't know what came over him to get so demanding. they would definitely feel sorry for him and it is very hard to refuse a cryng man's request...

LIZS Wed 07-Jan-09 09:19:49

Still no offers beyond early March though. If dh has a bonus and if the offer were a bargain maybe we could just squeeze a trip in ....

Nettee Wed 07-Jan-09 10:09:54

Maybe - not that likely but possible - you took up the last childcare places or the last room in a certain catagory or last seat on a flight from Gatwick and then because of that they had to drop the prices to persuade someone else to book.

This is how I comfort myself as this year and last year I seemed to manage to book at the peak price.

StripeyKnickersSpottySocks Wed 07-Jan-09 17:56:00

I feel sick, we paid full price. We could have goit it for about 1k cheaper if we booked today. Oh well.

OneLieIn Wed 07-Jan-09 18:01:31

Stripey, I thought you had gone already. When do you go to Deux Domaines (waiting with bated breath for a full and frank report)

fourkids Wed 07-Jan-09 18:12:35

StripeyKnickersSpottySocks, double that here, feel double sick

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: