Talk

Advanced search

Where can DH go skiing and pregnant me and 2.5 yo go too and have fun?

(5 Posts)
lemur Mon 11-Aug-08 21:39:04

We want to spend Christmas skiing (not me, DH only!). Any recommendations for a resort in Europe with lots of other activities for me and 2.5yo would be brilliant. Places with swimming pools, kids play and cinemas...
Any good agents you have used would also be helpful! Thank you!

LIZS Tue 12-Aug-08 08:07:25

Indoor play isn't a concept in the Alps and there aren't usually cinemas which accept kids! Most of the big resorts have non ski activities and pools. You could try Saas Fee(Switzerland) which has an indoor pool, mountains for walks/sledding, all year round toboggan run etc and a Spa if you fancy a break ! Quite a long transfer but snowsure at Christmas too.

The Hotel Alphuebel(see also MN reviews) is a family run, kids-orientated hotel with complementary creche and activities most days should you want to rest or have some time yourselves, if your budget codul stretch the Hotel Ferienart is a 5 star with creche and spa.

youcannotbeserious Tue 12-Aug-08 08:10:39

Saas Fee is lovely.

Cervinia is good - and you can cross to Zermatt - lots of other stuff to do.

We went to La Plagne this year (I was 5 months PG at the time) which seemed good for non skiers, but I skied every day - but there was a lot of other stuff to do.

liath Tue 12-Aug-08 08:18:19

I'd go for a ski resort that's in a pre-existing town rather than a purpose built one IYSWIM. Kitzbuhel (?sp) has plenty to do for non skiers although the snow there might not be great in December. Zermatt would be a good bet, glacial ski-ing and lots of amenities. Cervinia is really lovely but I think you'd run out of stuff to do as it's a fairly small village.

HTH

lemur Wed 13-Aug-08 20:47:39

Thank you. I like La Plagne, I don't know Saas Fee, although I lived and skiied in Switzerland for a while. I will check them out.
Like the idea of a pre-existing town too, as there are probably proper people there, and may be more non-skiing stuff to do. Wish I could ski, but just don't think I am as brave or as good a skier as youcannotbeserious...I snowboarded more before DD, but that is ultra-off limits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now