Talk

Advanced search

Sales - buying for future trips

(16 Posts)
OhCobblers Tue 23-Feb-21 20:34:02

@CisMyArse I looked online today and the extra 25% off seems to have been valid for the weekend only! Hour long do they normally take to deliver? I've never ordered from there before!

CisMyArse Tue 23-Feb-21 20:25:00

It's so tempting to get DD's stuff - the jackets are so lovely but my two grow like weeds!

CisMyArse Tue 23-Feb-21 20:22:13

I ordered the jacket, then I ordered the same jacket when a further discount was given (thank you @OhCobblers) so I'll have to send one back.

Roxy takes ages on delivery though.

Tempted to get a helmet - I'm after a lightweight helmet and a new pair of goggles but am a bit skint!

OhCobblers Tue 23-Feb-21 10:44:28

Pleasure @CisMyArse did you get what you were looking for?

Anyone else aware of other fab skiing bargains! I'm determined to go in December!

CisMyArse Sun 21-Feb-21 17:41:12

@OhCobblers Thanks!!

OhCobblers Sat 20-Feb-21 22:46:58

@CisMyArse @NelAntartic
and anyone else looking for sale bargains I've just been perusing the Roxy site again. Was just about to order some new trousers in the sales a few days ago and forgot, but went back on tonight and there is a further 25% off Sale price!!

CisMyArse Mon 15-Feb-21 08:58:12

I've had a look at the Roxy website OP.

Tempted to order myself a roxy coat for next year 60% reduced. It looks like a boarding jacket actually but if it's insulated enough I may keep it.

There are no rules that state I cannot wear a boarding jacket?!

SkiYetiMagic Mon 15-Feb-21 08:24:24

Yes I agree with @abricotine the all in one and then a jacket / seperates makes the most sense.

abricotine Sun 14-Feb-21 13:12:26

We always had Polarn O Pyret all in ones when they were small - very warm and cosy but once they were skiing and in ski school always went for separates as easier to manage in the loo. Toddlers always travelled in a warm jacket as you say and once they were a bit older a gilet/ thick hoody and wore the ski jacket for out and about.

abricotine Sun 14-Feb-21 13:08:03

For me it’s Oakley flight decks!
I have done lots of browsing but I’m a bit cautious about ordering - used to order quite a bit from European sites and waiting for the Brexit issues to settle down. Also to be honest I have my doubts about next season so don’t want to shell out for too much in case they grow again!

NelAntartic Sun 14-Feb-21 12:02:50

Thank you @SkiYetiMagic

Also on the look out for all in ones for a toddler in our group. I've suggested 2 all in ones but I think they'll also need a jacket for travel? And for going out for dinner in the evenings?

OP’s posts: |
SkiYetiMagic Sun 14-Feb-21 11:10:29

Ha ha yes its expensive the rate they grow! I do tend to resell on ebay after they have grown out (although this year not really worith it for obvs reasons)

I can't really comment on Roxy I am afraid. For good value high quality I always go for Surfanic for clothing I love their stuff you can really see the difference between theirs and other low mid range price stuff. i think they have some sales now too.

NelAntartic Sun 14-Feb-21 10:51:00

Thanks @SkiYetiMagic !

How do you rate clothing brands like Roxy for ski wear? Some lovely jackets there online and DD's have grown like weeds this year.

SkiYetiMagic Sun 14-Feb-21 09:28:17

I rate Bolle goggles for not steaming up. I've had cheap and cheerful before and I think you really get what you pay for with goggles its prob best to stick to the established brands for good quality.
Re helmets, I love my Hardnutz helmet. Its got removable ear covers which might be good for you. Not really sure if its super light compared to other helmets.
I am doing a lot of ski browsing at the moment! I have my eye on a few models just watching the pricing and may pounce soon.....

NelAntartic Sat 13-Feb-21 17:31:26

Lots of decent sales on at the moment.

Anyone browsing ready for next year?

NelAntartic Sat 13-Feb-21 11:50:22

I'm on the look out for a new pair of all visibility goggles and a new helmet. I am partially deaf in one ear and my clumpy helmet (which I 've only reluctantly started wearing) makes me feel less able to hear.

Any suggestions for a lightweight helmet?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in