Talk

Advanced search

Tignes accommodation tips

(5 Posts)
TwelveLeggedWalk Mon 24-Feb-20 11:48:09

HI, we fancy going back to Tignes now the kids are quite handy skiers, but am struggling to find decent accommodation on Airbnb. All seems madly madly expensive or tiny/shabby, or both - which surprised me as I know Tignes is mostly apartments.
Looking for 3 adults 3 kids self catering over NY 2020-21. Impossible request? Would consider chalet/apart hotel if we need to - anyone got any recommendations? Thank yoU!

OP’s posts: |
ChateauMargaux Mon 24-Feb-20 14:27:15

There is a central reservation service... www.tignes.net/sejour/reservation

ChateauMargaux Mon 24-Feb-20 14:28:21

www.alpes-ski-resa.com/sejour-et-vacances/tignes?esvt=654-GOOGp439342&esvq=tignes reservation&esvadt=999999-27116-5688-1&esvcrea=357102422527&esvplace=&esvd=m&esvtg=kwd-1030464442&esvaid=50054&gclid=CjwKCAiAhc7yBRAdEiwAplGxX1rZO-kIqEiGTYYLR7-nYmnNztGpwVYFaA2EIs414Gazx41mFwYUxRoCwXoQAvD_BwE

stringbean Mon 24-Feb-20 18:47:45

There are quite a lot of shabby apartments in Tignes, in my experience - we've stayed in a fair few of them over the years! I don't think some of them have been updated since the 70s (you can tell by the orange tiled bathrooms!).

Have a look at Erma Low for suggestions - you don't need to book through them, but it will give you some idea of the different residences available. A lot of the accommodation in Tignes 1800 is new, depending on what village you want to be in. We've used an agency in the past to book accommodation in Val Claret - Euro-Immobilier: the Neiges d'Or apartments are right above the main meeting area and are ski in/out and a lot of them have been done up in the past few years. I don't think they release prices/availability until September though.

TwelveLeggedWalk Mon 24-Feb-20 19:17:11

Thanks Stringbean. Yes, I keep finding promising looking places but showing as no availability on websites which I think is because they haven't opened 2020-21 bookings yet. We'd booked the day we came home last year!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in