Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration for Christmas

(8 Posts)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sun 02-Jun-19 14:57:27

Looking for somewhere different to go this Christmas. Quite fancy a ski in/out catered chalet, but where?.... Needs to be snow sure too!

There will be 5 of us, so need two bedrooms minimum.

We've been to the Portes du Soleil about five times recently, so looking for somewhere different to try. Not too far away from an airport, I really don't fancy a 3-4 hour transfer.

Any suggestions?...

OP’s posts: |
massistar Mon 03-Jun-19 17:46:28

Tignes? It's high so pretty snow sure.

Yeahyeahyeahyeeeeah Mon 03-Jun-19 21:38:44

Tignes, Val T, Cervinia, Solden

thislido Wed 05-Jun-19 20:29:04

I’ve done Tignes and Val d’Isere at Christmas and had a good time. Whilst Christmas is busy, New Year is ridiculous, it’s like the whole of France goes skiing, so it’s probably good that Christmas is a Wednesday this year, you can do a standard Saturday-Saturday or Sunday-Sunday week and not deal with new year!

thislido Wed 05-Jun-19 20:29:33

It’s a fairly long transfer though.

katieviney Thu 06-Jun-19 15:18:19

Club Med Grand massif is really good for xmas and only an hour transfer.
not a chalet but really nice food and its ski in ski out.

snowgirl1 Wed 07-Aug-19 20:25:21

St. Anton - 1 hour 15 min transfer from Innsbruck; or Obergurgl - 1 hour 30 mins from Innsbruck. Both high, so pretty snow sure, but Austria seems to be mainly hotels and not chalets.

Chamonix is only 1 hour 15 mins from Geneva. There will be chalets there I'm sure, but although there's some high skiing (lifts going up to 3800m and 3300m) the village itself is low (1035m). Skiing is geared more towards expert skiers.

rookiemere Fri 09-Aug-19 11:16:33

I'm not sure what the snow is like at Christmas here, but we found it a nice change from the Grand Massif with nice quiet slopes and great having it all organised for you https://www.skiweekender.com/dates-prices/christmas-ski-holidays-2019

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in