Talk

Advanced search

Kids ski helmets - good brands?

(10 Posts)
TailEndCharlie Wed 03-Apr-19 16:47:39

Looking for some ski helmets for the kids... nearly 7 and a 9yr old that is the height of a 13 yrs old. They are going to learn to ski soon so I thought I would pick up helmets in the sale. Any brad recommendations? Is lightest better? In-mould or injection? Any advice would be lovely as I have never skied...!

OP’s posts: |
Yeahyeahyeahyeeeeah Sun 14-Apr-19 11:35:15

We’ve always hired them and then you can ensure the fit is good.

TailEndCharlie Thu 18-Apr-19 09:48:50

I get the advantages of hire but they will be using them pretty much every week and then for 11 days in Feb so hiring will cost more.

winterisstillcoming Thu 18-Apr-19 09:50:41

Decathlon ones are good and reasonably priced too. If it's for skiing next year then wait for the sales and get them then.

TailEndCharlie Thu 18-Apr-19 15:52:55

It's for sporadic snow dome action from now on (half terms and hols and then every weekend when we relocate in September) and then a feb 2020 11 day half term trip...

Circeplease Thu 18-Apr-19 20:04:16

Hiring is generally free, certainly is at snow domes

Circeplease Thu 18-Apr-19 20:04:27

Along with boots/skis I mean

LadyGagasMeatDress Thu 18-Apr-19 20:08:39

poc helmets are good quality.

ChilliScallops Thu 18-Apr-19 20:26:28

Smith or Giro. Get one with MIPS - multi impact protection system, for all round safety

TailEndCharlie Thu 02-May-19 10:14:40

Thank you for all your posts! Just bought the kids heavily discounted Smith MIPS helmets online... will arrive next week. And worked out they will pay for themselves within year 1 as our snowdome charges 3 euros helmet hire on top of skis & boots, and we should be there every week from September. Thanks for your help!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in