Talk

Advanced search

Ski lessons and kids’ club clothing

(6 Posts)
LePetitPont Tue 12-Feb-19 13:12:35

Off skiing soon and can’t wait! Massively overthinking i suspect, but 4.5 year old will be doing ski school in the mornings, getting picked up by the chalet nannies then kids club in the afternoon. Am trying to work out what will go underneath his ski suit (and as a side issue, is an all in one setting him up to fail in terms of accidents on the slopes?!) and if he will also need a change of clothes for the afternoons. I usually wear a base layer with a T-shirt over the top, fleece over that if it’s cold and just salopettes or sports leggings / skins underneath if really chilly.

Don’t want him to be too hot in the chalet in the afternoons although I guess they get to go out and about...

Thiswayorthatway Tue 12-Feb-19 13:24:00

Just back from skiing with kids. 1 layer of thermals plus a fleece is plenty under a ski jacket/salopettes or ski suit, helmets keep them vety warm. They will play inside in their thermals and can then be easily dressed to go sledging, for hit chocolate etc. Put a change of clothes, pants, spare gloves (so DC akways has a dry pair), wooly hat, snack, suncream and sunglasses in a small bag for childcare staff.

sleepwhenidie Tue 12-Feb-19 13:26:02

what Thisway said - they will just hang out in their thermals indoors ime.

LePetitPont Tue 12-Feb-19 15:45:26

Brilliant, thank you, really helpful!! Hanging out in base layers seems like the way forward.

Also is it frowned upon to have them pottering around in PJs for teatime? We had a routine last year of into the hot tub before kids’ tea - thinking it would be easiest to get them ready for bed from that!

OKhitmewithit Tue 12-Feb-19 19:56:54

pjs are fine

sleepwhenidie Tue 12-Feb-19 20:11:00

Oh yes, pjs fine. Really don’t need to pack more than a couple of sets of normal clothes for them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »