Talk

Advanced search

Short transfer at Easter?

(12 Posts)
anotherwearytraveller Mon 28-Jan-19 20:28:51

Any suggestions?

I know this can be tricky as poor snow means higher up is a better option but we are wondering about options that meet this criteria if we consider resorts away from the usual french ones?

Beginner slopes are all we really need and a few non ski activities would be great.

Any suggestions?

OKhitmewithit Thu 31-Jan-19 18:20:08

Not with a short transfer. The high stuff is deeper in the mountains.

juneau Thu 31-Jan-19 18:22:52

Ischgl is high and usually has good snow at Easter (although this Easter is very late, so might be a bit slushy).

LIZS Thu 31-Jan-19 18:23:51

Kaprun or the Dachstein area of Austria, both glaciers, nearish to Salzburg. Easter is very late this year and most resorts will all but close before then.

allthgoodusernamesaretaken Wed 06-Feb-19 11:42:45

Flaine ?

Or Avoriaz ?

anniehm Wed 06-Feb-19 12:03:38

Have you looked at Finland, better late snow. Easter is very late! We went at Easter last year (March) and the lower slopes were slushy

Lottster Mon 25-Feb-19 12:00:45

We have been to Flaine and St Anton mid April. Both 1.5 hour transfer and had good conditions.
Montgenevre end of March last year and was amazing! Again - 1.5 hour transfer

eponine8 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:25:37

Last year was an amazing and cold year though. This year doesn’t compare. Unless something changes, it’s boiling and spring conditions already in lower resorts esp later in the day.

Lottster Mon 25-Feb-19 21:42:22

I've been looking at Les Deux Alpes for Easter next year. Transfer from Grenoble is around 2 hours. Glacier and easier runs are higher up the mountain so less likely to be slush

Iamdadtotwo Tue 26-Feb-19 09:02:57

I know - it’s not great this year is it? My friend has called me from Les 2 Alpes and he reckons it’s slushy by the afternoon - 15 degrees there yesterday!

I’m booking for next year and I’m going to go high I think - don’t want to risk it with it being our first ski holiday all together....

Lottster Tue 26-Feb-19 09:20:34

For easter next year I am tempted just to book flights early and then find accommodation a couple of weeks before to make sure we go somewhere that still has decent snow

katieviney Thu 28-Feb-19 14:29:13

Have you looked in to Grand Massif Samoens, its only just over an hour transfer from Geneva.
There is a fab hotel with Ski in and Out with loads of extra activities including great Child care if the kids dont want to ski.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: