Talk

Advanced search

Easter so late

(10 Posts)
Iamdadtotwo Sun 20-Jan-19 23:15:01

Hi there all,
Just after some advice really? I’d like us to go for first ski holiday - sort of an opportunity to introduce snow and skiing really to my will be DD 8 and DS 4. I can ski, my wife would need lessons and so would the children . Wife is happy to have one or two then look after DS. She hasn’t been skiing for over 10 years so classes herself as a beginner again now.

Just trying to find some ideas about where to go? Where will be ok for snow April 13th? PLUS have a resort / hotels at the beginner slopes level - not a bus ride away in case wife and DS wishes to visit hotel or whatever.

Thanks for any help

Tigresswoods Sun 20-Jan-19 23:18:43

Val Thorens. Go for it, Spring skiing is the best.

FadedRed Sun 20-Jan-19 23:20:38

Second vote for Val Thorens

stringbean Mon 21-Jan-19 07:08:25

Some suggestions on a similar thread here

stringbean Mon 21-Jan-19 07:17:32

I think you'll probably be looking at a handful of places with suitable altitude for late season: Val Thorens, Cervinia & Tignes Val Claret. This last one doesn't have many hotels unfortunately, although plenty of apartments close to the slopes/ski schools.

stringbean Mon 21-Jan-19 07:29:17

Hotel Montana in Tignes Le Lac? Not stayed there, but good location across from nursery slopes; altitude marginally lower than Tignes VC, but rest of resort very accessible for you from there. Not very pretty though, if you're looking for alpine charm - but you won't find that at any high altitude resort. New Generation Ski School will take children from age 4. Steer clear of ESF as the classes tend to be very big.

Onatreebyariver Mon 21-Jan-19 09:03:04

Val Thorens.

Stay in the Village Montana which literally opens onto the nursery slope.

Don’t get lessons with ESF as the groups are big. Use Prosneige or Ski cool which both meet right by village Montana accommodation.

Iamdadtotwo Mon 21-Jan-19 22:58:40

Thanks so much - will search these tomorrow whilst I’m busy at work ☺️

Loopy9 Sat 26-Jan-19 18:25:16

Arc 2000 is good for Easter snow too and had lovely blues/greens. ESF were absolutely fine for my kids.

mocha70 Sun 27-Jan-19 23:44:42

I would also highly recommend Les Arcs. Either Arc 2000 or Arc 1950. Very family orientated and usually good snow in April.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »