Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for good ski instructor for adult with Down Syndrome in Morzine

(8 Posts)
Florabelle Fri 18-Jan-19 08:58:16

Would anyone be able to recommend a good instructor for my sister? She is very fit and switched on, so no unusual needs. Would just need to be someone that can help her move out her comfort zone a bit whilst having fun. Any suggestions very much appreciate. She’s skied a week abroad 5 years ago and could do very controlled snowplough turns and parallels on easier slopes. Getting lessons on dry slope here to get back in the swing of things. Any suggestions very much appreciated!

User079641 Sat 19-Jan-19 15:42:09

My friend skied had a private lesson with BASS in morzine a couple of years ago. Don’t remember the name of the instructor but they asked for lots of info about her before the lesson. Seemed very thorough/personalised. She said it was good.

SuperDiaperBaby Sun 20-Jan-19 10:19:49

Sally at The Snow Institute in Morzine - I am sure she will be able to help. Have a great time.

Saisong Fri 01-Feb-19 21:36:25

If you are still looking for options we found a private instructor in Morzine who was brilliant with our kids. Pm me for his contact details if you are interested.

Florabelle Sat 02-Feb-19 07:09:19

Thanks everyone, I am now much poorer but sorted!! Sally at Snow Institute only had times that didn’t work but got a great looking adaptive ski instructor from British Alpine Ski School. Let’s hope it keeps snowing :-)

Enb76 Sat 02-Feb-19 07:13:18

BASS are superb. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Saisong Sat 02-Feb-19 07:18:20

Great to hear you got it sorted. Hope she has a fantastic time!

wiltshiregaschick Fri 08-Feb-19 13:03:02

Ali Gibb at The Snow Institute teaches with the Rossendale Special Ski club (all adults have LD/ASD etc). She is a lovely lady and I'm sure would be able to help you out. She is based in Morzine. if you look at the Rossendale Special Ski club FB pages, I think there are some posts with her picture in them. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: