Talk

Advanced search

Gloves help!

(12 Posts)
spinningirl10 Sun 16-Dec-18 12:15:09

Hi, I'm going skiing for the first time just after Christmas and I still don't have any gloves. I had no idea there was so much choice! My fingers get cold even when it's chilly here in Devon.
I did speak to someone at Snow and Rock who said mittens are best.
Any recommendations please😊

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 16-Dec-18 14:00:47

try here x

LIZS Sun 16-Dec-18 14:06:12

Personal choice gloves vs, mittens tbh. As long as they fit and are well insulated/waterproof. You need to be able to grip solidly for tow lifts, poles etc.

chemenger Sun 16-Dec-18 14:06:14

Mittens are much warmer than gloves, your fingers keep each other warm. Gloves mean that each of your fingers lose heat over their whole surface. There is a limit to how much insulation you can put round a finger. You could wear thinner gloves under mittens so you can take the mitten off to hold your hot wine. Putting your mittens on a string up your sleeves and round your neck like a small child is very practical.

spinningirl10 Sun 16-Dec-18 18:40:00

Thanks all, I'll check out that link thank you.

Pineappleunder Sun 16-Dec-18 19:56:53

Inner gloves, whether posh silk ones or pound shop stretchy ones make an absolute world of difference.

moreismore Sun 16-Dec-18 19:58:50

For warmth it has to be mittens! But get ones where the liner has fingers-that way they are much more comfortable. Agree the liner gloves are good too.

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Dec-18 19:59:03

Definitely mittens and liner gloves.

surroundedbyblondes Sun 16-Dec-18 19:59:07

Hestra. Top quality Norwegian stuff. I have the mittens, DH has the lobster-claw ones. Would really reccommend them

barneymcgroo Sun 16-Dec-18 20:05:49

You can get ones with strings that go round your wrists - so that if you need to pop them off on a ski lift or something, you won't drop them. I have some Dakine ones - have had them since 2003 and they're still going strong. But the string thing is genius.

spinningirl10 Sun 23-Dec-18 11:03:33

Thanks for all the tipssmile

deste Wed 02-Jan-19 21:54:40

The string thing is a brilliant idea, hand warmers are a must if you get cold hands. I also use toe warmers. This year for Christmas have been given heated mitts and I’m so excited. I’m just terrified I lose them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in