Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay near Dijon/Beaune

(7 Posts)
Ktay Fri 16-Nov-18 21:23:16

Looking for somewhere to break the journey on the drive to the Alps. Usual Novotel faves (with their lovely breakfasts) in Dijon/Beaune seem much more expensive than last time. Any recommendations? Can obviously book a Campanile or similar but you might have better ideas!

OP’s posts: |
mocha70 Fri 16-Nov-18 22:52:02

I haven't been to it but I noticed there is an Ibis Styles in Beaune..looked good apart from parking which had a height restriction. I ended up booking Ibis Styles Chalons sur Saone.

Ktay Sun 18-Nov-18 12:50:19

Thanks @mocha70... would the height restriction rule out a roof box?

mocha70 Sun 18-Nov-18 21:01:46

Ktay - The Trip Advisor reviews say it is payable underground parking. I thought I read somewhere there was a 2 m height restriction but now can't find it so I would suggest emailing the hotel and checking with them.

TeaandHobnobs Sun 18-Nov-18 21:16:28

On our last drive to Italy, we stayed in Mâcon, which isn't too much further on from Beaune - we stayed at the Best Western Plus Hôtel d'Europe et d'Angleterre, which was perfectly fine.

stringbean Mon 19-Nov-18 17:02:37

We've used the Novotel Dijon Sud at Marsannay la Cote many times; there is an Ibis further along the same road (although never stayed there) but I've usually found its cheaper to get a family room in a Novotel and see if you can get a rate that includes breakfast (kids are free anyway) than it is to book 2 rooms in an Ibis. We've also used the Novotel at Macon Nord which is right next to the motorway junction (there is also a Campanile and an Ibis Budget I think). B&B hotel chain might be worth a look and I think Ibis Styles includes breakfast in the room rate.

Ktay Tue 20-Nov-18 14:03:21

That’s true, two rooms elsewhere might end up more expensive anyway. I just remember only paying £90ish or less for our Novotel family rooms this year whereas for next Feb it’s a good £30 more. Won’t be able to get away with squeezing both DDs into the sofa bed for much longer!

Will check out the Best Western and Ibis Styles too, thanks for the tips smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in