Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations in Val Thorens?

(4 Posts)
reallyneedmoresleep Fri 06-Apr-18 17:41:58

Hello wise ones.
We are currently having a wonderful skiing holiday in Obergurgl and hoping to find somewhere similar in terms of great Easter skiing next year.
What is Val Thorens like? Has anyone stayed anywhere they’d recommend? We have 3 sons who like snow parks and fun slopes and hurtling down black runs. I like wide, cruisy blue runs with bars at the bottom where I can enjoy a beer.
Thanks for any advice

OP’s posts: |
user1494670108 Sat 07-Apr-18 04:20:15

I've not stayed in VT though I have visited it from La Tania which I really enjoyed.
I'm interested to hear more about Obergurgl though as your needs/ wants sound very similar to mine!

crayoladreamz Wed 18-Apr-18 13:11:41

I just got back from VT and absolutely loved it. Booked again for next Easter too. My children are only 6, 4 and 2 though so different requirements. Saying that, there are great fun parks and loads of blacks and reds on the map.

I'm a cruisy blue lover and had nowhere near exhausted all the options by the end of the week. Loads of mountainside bars as well with people sitting outside in the sunshine this easter.

Happy to answer specific questions about the resort?

Tigresswoods Wed 18-Apr-18 13:15:53

We've done VT this easter & last. Something for everyone, parks, lovely blues, bars etc. Great conditions both years as VT is high. We actually stay in St Martin de Belleville & travel up each day which is also great. I spent more time doing Meribel this season & there's some great stuff there. Another park including 2 half pipes & some great runs lower down for younger kids.

Love the 3 vallees.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in