Talk

Advanced search

Last minute short break

(6 Posts)
Peeps12 Wed 04-Apr-18 12:24:02

Hi

We are a family of five, got the chance to fly to Geneva this weekend/early next week for four days skiing. Please could you recommend a resort? Probably just 2/3 of us skiiing intermediate level. Our plan is to rent an apartment. We will also hire a car. Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
whatdoido222 Wed 04-Apr-18 16:30:15

You can pretty much choose anywhere as the snow is still incredible. We are off to La Plagne this weekend but had I have known that there was going to be so much snow I'd have just gone to morzine. It's only 1 hr 20 mins from Geneva and such a pretty place. You can get a morzine and Let's Gets lift pass or go over to avoriaz. This does require a full port du soleil pass though which is a bit more expensive. More snow due next week too 🙌🏼

whatdoido222 Wed 04-Apr-18 16:31:30

Also if you get a transfer from Geneva and stay in the town you won't need car hire. Think it's usually about £60-£70 pp return 😊

Peeps12 Wed 04-Apr-18 18:18:27

Thanks so much. Just unsure which resort am familiar with Courchevel, Val Thorens. I haven't skied for 10 years but my teenage son is very excited. He spent a week in Italy Acosta Valley in January. Courchevel is very expensive so hoping to keep it as reasonable as possible. So am open to trying a new resort.

PestoSurfissimos Wed 04-Apr-18 18:21:43

3 Valleys is still up & running (DD2 working the season out there)

She says it can get porridgy in the afternoon, but I would defo go for it (if my knees weren’t totally shot... envy )

Peeps12 Thu 05-Apr-18 12:20:02

Thanks for your help. Is Flaine any good? Avoraiz or Morzine? Or should we consider Italy? My daughter, 12, doesn't want ski this trip any good resorts for the family?. Have a 5 year old too. I have booked flights to Geneva on Sunday need to book accommodation quick. Thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in