Talk

Advanced search

Are snow boots really necessary?

(7 Posts)
monkey42 Sat 24-Mar-18 22:42:00

Advice please... we are heading to ski at easter and there is still a lot of snow around. As an adult skier I have not owned snow boots and have no idea what I wore on my feet last time I went, likely hiking boots. The whole family have hiking boots as we use them in summer: will they do the job in the snow or would snow boots be a better plan?
Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
MeanTangerine Sat 24-Mar-18 22:44:29

I took three pairs of footwear last time and only wore one - my hiking boots. Plenty warm and waterproof enough for wandering around town.

monkey42 Sat 24-Mar-18 22:51:13

Brilliant, thank you. They are on short supply so late in the season, take up a lot of room for an annual week of wear at best and add more to the cost of the holiday!

OP’s posts: |
cestlavielife Sat 24-Mar-18 22:51:51

Snow boots like these go higher above the ankle if you want to go sledging or trudging thru the snow can be good.
www.trespass.com/lara-ii-womens-snowboots?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlanNtIWG2gIVVz8bCh1QTwjGEAQYBiABEgLmRPD_BwE#color=Black&size=41
But if your hiking boots are waterproof then should be fine along with snow trousers if it s just walking around town

xyzandabc Sat 24-Mar-18 22:55:42

I've done it in hiking boots many times before just fine. I finally got some snow boots this year for the 1st time and I have to say they were far warmer, cosier and easier to get on and off.

Is there likely to be snow on the ground in the town/accommodation? If not or it's not very deep then go with the hiking boots.

Growingboys Sun 08-Apr-18 20:26:03

Not necessary at all. I wore my biker boots this year - blizzard conditions - and wore my Nike trainers last year.

No need.

EROD Mon 09-Apr-18 21:29:08

We’re in Avoriaz at the moment and ski boots are essential

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in