Talk

Advanced search

Chairlifts...

(10 Posts)
fusionct Tue 13-Feb-18 19:02:21

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can ride down on a chairlift please? I just realised that the ski resort we’re going to doesn’t have a gondola and I’m not skiing so I wondered if a non skier can ride down?

Thanks for any help!

priority9 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:05:57

Generally, yes.

LIZS Tue 13-Feb-18 19:07:49

It depends, some you can some you can't . If a resort offers a non ski pass then it should show which lifts you can ride.

Laurel543 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:11:02

Yes, you can usually ride down in the chairlifts. However, it's worth checking what the ground is like at the top as most chairlift entrances/exits are designed for ski-ers not people on foot. It may be tricky to get on and off and difficult to get around once you are at the top if you are not on skis.

fusionct Tue 13-Feb-18 19:22:51

Super. Thanks so much everyone!

giardiniera Tue 13-Feb-18 19:53:39

At the resorts I have been to this is not normally allowed on most chairs? There was one in Val dIsere that was allowed for beginners going down Solaise (4 up 2 down) but understand it's been replaced by a gondola.
Interesting that this is different to others' experience?

Aftershock15 Wed 14-Feb-18 09:08:35

Another one saying not in my experience. You need to check with the resort you are planning to visit - do they allow downloading & if so can non skiers use them.

lemonsquisher Wed 14-Feb-18 09:14:12

Another vote for generally this is not allowed, at least not in the French resorts I’ve been to. OP are you willing to share where you’re going and someone might be able to advise?

ChilliMum Wed 14-Feb-18 09:16:41

In my (quite limited) experience its possible but on a limited number and only at specific times as it requires stopping / starting the chair lift.

If you email the resort (or nearest town) tourist information they should be able to give you details of which ones you can use and any restrictions.

Muchtoomuchtodo Fri 16-Feb-18 09:11:49

Which resort are you going to?

In my experience very few chairlifts allow this during the winter. A piste map might shed some more light on what your resort is like.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: