Talk

Advanced search

Hit with your suggestions please!

(11 Posts)
Forgeteverythingandremember Mon 12-Feb-18 00:09:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 12-Feb-18 08:25:44

You need height at Easter. Next year Easter is late and so it's even more important. For me learner slopes up high would also be important as it will be ice then slush otherwise.

I'm a bit fussy about Easter skiing, so would only go to:

Val Thorens
Tignes/ Val D'isere
Cervinia

Sweden - Are, is also on my radar
Norway, but not been.
Ruka Finland - great little resort.

Other places will have snow, but snow above the melt line is what matters to me. I also want to ski home.

Transfers are the victim here. The high mountains in Southern Europe are furthest from airports.

Transport and access across Northern Europe varies, Sweden seems easiest - or did when I last checked.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 12-Feb-18 09:21:03

The other best bet, just find a glacier resort. However IME places like La Plagne, Les Deux alpes, the glacier can take quite a bit of getting to. Like I said though, I'm fussy!

Forgeteverythingandremember Mon 12-Feb-18 09:57:02

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 12-Feb-18 10:38:19

It might not be 'worse snow', but no snow!

Cervinia is probably the best of those in terms of transfer.

Check out Obergurl too. I always discount it due to my fussy snow obsession to the layout, but I think the transfer is better

Aftershock15 Mon 12-Feb-18 15:42:28

USA or Canada? Long flight but transfers can be 60-90 minutes. Not sure what classes as a long transfer though. With teens I think the cost of the family ski companies would benefits.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 12-Feb-18 20:44:49

Where are you thinking After? We've done Whistler, Brekenridge, Beaver Creek and transfers are all >2hours. I'm always keen on a shorter transfer too!

Aftershock15 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:56:50

I was thinking resorts from Calgary or Kelowna airports or maybe tremblant? I think they are all less than 90 mins?

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 12-Feb-18 21:57:57

Thanks smile

Forgeteverythingandremember Tue 13-Feb-18 05:54:09

yikesanotherbooboo Tue 13-Feb-18 06:10:42

Go by train?
Then les Arcs/ Val thorens/ Tignes are easily accessible.
Cross country is available but not a big feature in those resorts.. look into it first

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: