Talk

Advanced search

My nails!

(6 Posts)
user1494670108 Thu 01-Feb-18 12:32:09

I'm very lucky in that I'm skiing twice this year but my nails are wrecked from my first trip. It was really cold and the nails, never very strong anyway, have gone really flaky.
Can anyone recommend something to put on them in the morning that might offer a bit of protection?
I generally use Lotil hand cream at night as I also get very dry skin

LynetteScavo Thu 01-Feb-18 19:12:12

I'm going to be no help, but want to see what replies you get as I don't have the best nails ever.

I'm surprised you think it was the cold that ruined them. confused Would it be fro the contrast between heat from inside your gloves and the cold? Sorry I can't be more help.

user1494670108 Thu 01-Feb-18 20:00:25

I always find that my lips, hands and nails are much worse when the weather turns and this time my fingers did get cold

AliceLutherNeeMorgan Thu 01-Feb-18 22:04:54

I usually file my nails really short and then get a gel manicure before skiing. It’s actually quite protective if you get it removed properly a couple of weeks later, and you can put cuticle oil on in the mean time. I use 8 hourcream on my hands when they get dry

Aftershock15 Fri 02-Feb-18 14:10:51

Another vote for a gel manicure, although I’m not sure about putting it on to already flaky nails. Definitely protects them from skiing damage.

allegretto Fri 09-Feb-18 11:46:08

This is a bit pricey but worked well for me:
uk.loccitane.com/shea-nail-cuticle-nourishing-oil,83,1,29776,271946.htm#s=39671

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now