Talk

Advanced search

3 Generaton Ski Trip

(11 Posts)
GBR1980 Tue 05-Dec-17 05:31:02

Any advice for a ski respite that fits all these requirements...
I am planning a trip for my brother’s 40th with our parents and my two children.
Ski school for 4 and half year old
Ski school for adults (not been skiiing for a few years and enjoy ski school!)
Nice resort for non-skiing grandparents who will be looking after 1.5 year old and have come to join in afternoon activities, afternoon drinks onnterraces and nice dinners...

AvoidingDM Tue 05-Dec-17 05:42:30

First thing I'd say is find a resort who'll have ski school for 4 yo. many don't take them until 5, some schools are 6.

Once you've narrowed down with that look for things for parents to do. If you decide not to put 4yo into Ski school look for resorts with lots of non skiing activities.

Youreadthebabybooks Tue 05-Dec-17 05:51:45

Try esprit
We are going to courcheval which is a fab ski resort with out 5 year old and 18 month old
Ski school for oldest
Nursery for youngest !
Loads of kid friendly extras

tailsandscales Tue 05-Dec-17 13:00:36

I would pick a big French resort, as they all have various ski schools to choose from and more things to do for non-skiers. Morzine and Avoriaz are very good for young children, have a number of nice restaurants and are a short transfer from Geneva.
Our son went to Village des Enfants in Avoriaz when he was 4 and enjoyed it.
We are going with Esprit for first time this year smile but you pay a premium for access to the childcare. I would book independently if I had grandparents to help with childcare.
More Mountain in Morzine are very child/baby friendly if you are self catering.

Skilover Tue 05-Dec-17 14:18:24

Arc 1950 would be perfect! They have a special ski school/creche combo with Evo 2 for the youngsters and there are several restaurants in the village which is ski through so everyone to enjoy whether skiing or not. All on the doorstep and it's a great resort. When are you thinking of going?

TractorTedTed Wed 06-Dec-17 12:01:47

Most Austrian resorts take children from 3, so you'd have no problems with a 4 year old.
In fact, if you picked a resort near Innsbruck or Salzburg there'd be plenty for the non-skiers to do too.

HenB1 Wed 13-Dec-17 14:33:09

Vaujany (part of the Alpe d'Huez region) take children into ski school from 3 years old and have an arrangement with the very good local nursery where they can be picked up at lunchtime and transferred for an afternoon of chilling and playing. I've done it with my 3 year old and it's brilliant. Vaujany is fab too for non skiers as has state of the art leisure centre, Olympic size ice skating rink, bowling and is generally very family friendly. My family have some accommodation there if it's of interest.

Cordillera Tue 19-Dec-17 13:03:15

I went with my 78 year old mum who wasn't skiing and 3/4 year old DD to Grindelwald, the ski school was great, really kind and DD learned a lot. I had a day in beginners myself the first time and both times had good experiences. Last time I skied all through Wengen and on the Lauberhorn run, it was fantastic.

Booked it ourselves, had a chalet apartment. It's very picturesque there.
But then my mum loves Switzerland and didn't want to do anything other than potter around, sit in the sun, and hang out with DD and me so I can't comment on other non-ski activities. She brought DD up the mountain in a gondola to meet me for tea and watch me ski smile

Cordillera Tue 19-Dec-17 13:09:07

I forgot there was snow tubing on the nursery area in the afternoon, and we went swimming one afternoon, that was enough activity for DD after a morning in ski school. It's quite a lot for some kids that age with all the faff of ski clothes and getting around in the snow- the few 100m walk to the chalet could take over half an hour with all the jumping, sliding, and eating snow... We took an iPad loaded with CBeebies for downtime.

allthgoodusernamesaretaken Thu 28-Dec-17 16:33:39

www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-resorts/slovenia-ski-holidays/kranjska-gora/

This resort is small and pretty, with option of day trips to Lake Bled, or Venice. At the bottom of the slopes

Hotel Kompas has an indoor pool at the bottom of the slopes

allthgoodusernamesaretaken Thu 28-Dec-17 16:36:27

Haven't been here, but am tempted. It has lots of options for non skiers, including a petting zoo, or taking a taxi to the Snow Hotel at Kittila

www.konijanka.fi/en/

www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-resorts/finland-lapland-ski-holidays/yllas/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now