Talk

Advanced search

Does such a place exist?

(6 Posts)
Whatwasthequestion Thu 30-Nov-17 13:07:25

It’s my 40th in Feb and I’d love to get away with DH and DC aged 3 and 5...
Looked into skiiing at half term and realise we’ve missed the boat for that really, plus cost was pretty eye watering!
Now I’ve got something in mind but not sure it exists! What I’d love is a few nights away in a cosy hotel in Scotland, maybe with a pool and spa and open fire for me and my book, in an area that might have snow and sledging or even skiiing opportunities.
So can anyone tell me does such a place exist or only in my dreams? grin

namechangedtoday15 Thu 30-Nov-17 13:13:50

Have a look at the MacDonald Resorts in Aviemore. The wooden lodges are amazing (open fire), very cosy, they have swimming pool / complex on site, restaurant etc. However, the weather is a bit hit and miss and when it's cold, it's deathly cold and not really much fun to ski (would be really uncomfortable for little ones). So do-able, and Aviemore is geared up with other activities when the weather's poor, but the skiing is unpredictable.

randomsabreuse Thu 30-Nov-17 13:19:52

Half term packages are eyewatering but given the kids ages you could look at driving somewhere less well known (Les Sybelles, espace diament) and renting an apartment directly.

Also, not as close to your birthday but Easter holidays are still good for skiing at higher resorts like Val Thorens, Tignes and Les Arcs but much cheaper due to not being on everyone's radar. Warmer and longer light evenings can be easier for younger kids too!

TriGirl007 Thu 30-Nov-17 15:43:08

Your children are only 3&5 dare I say miss School? We did at that age and it wasn’t an issue my foundation child was even asked to share what she had learnt whilst away where as I was trying to keep it low key that we had missed few days of school. This is the first year we are going in school hols as my kids are bit older and one has SAts this year.

TriGirl007 Thu 30-Nov-17 15:44:17

Yes I echo Easter skiing is SO much nicer with young kids as warmer and longer days and cheaper in resort

Whatwasthequestion Thu 30-Nov-17 16:04:39

Ooh thanks for the replies, you’re all giving me ideas! I’m now thinking a couple of nights in Scotland in Feb (Macdonald looks like just the kind of thing I had in mind, thanks namechanged). And will have a look at skiiing at Easter - gives me more time to prepare too! Double the fun...now just need to convince DH wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now