Talk

Advanced search

Non skiing kids and Sauze d'Oulx

(2 Posts)
Pigeonpost Tue 10-Oct-17 21:39:56

We've got the chance to use a friend's apartment in SdO for free over Christmas. Our kids (9, 6 and 4) are desperate to see snow as it doesn't snow where we live. DH and I both ski but haven't skiied since DS1 was 3 (6 years ago). He did one week of ski school then but then we had DS2 and then DS3 and skiing sort of fell off the agenda as too expensive and too complicated. I'm not convinced the DS's will want to learn to ski to be honest so we'd rather plan a fun family holiday where we can go sledging etc and experience an Italian Christmas in the snow but we would consider sticking them in kids club for the day so we could at least have a day on the slopes. Our friends don't have children so not best placed to advise on suitable non-skiing activities. Does anyone have any local knowledge and might be able to advise? What could we do? Would the odd day or two skiing be an option? Any advice gratefully received, thank you!

Bitchfromhell Fri 13-Oct-17 13:31:53

We went to Sauze about 5 years ago. From what I remember it was very much a skiing and apres type resort. I actually don't remember any other activities, although I'm sure there were. It's pretty well geared up for families, there were lots of kids about.

The instruction there was excellent although the nursery slopes are small and there are not many easy blues for kids, although probably enough for first timers and really little ones.
If they have snow I would stick the kids in ski school. I say if because I think Sauze can be a late season resort without much snow until February some years. They have snow making but only if it's cold enough so I would perhaps make some plans for if it isn't snowy too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now