Talk

Advanced search

Help - looking for the impossible...

(6 Posts)
Alwaysinahurrynow Wed 31-May-17 13:46:51

We are a family of 5 (children will be 5,3 and 1) for ski 2018. Historically we've gone out of school holidays and to Morzine and Ardent since having children.

We are trying to find something suitable for us for Easter 2018, which has a low resort centre for the baby, but where there will still be snow high up. We are in Scotland which makes Austria a bit of a nightmare.

We also don't want a hotel or a very large chalet as our kids will be in bed fairly early. However happy to share with a few families.

Any ideas? Crystal seem to have some options in Les Deux Alpes, and maybe La Tania with LeSki or Ski Magic, but just worries about the 3 valleys snow.

Thanks

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 08-Jun-17 09:24:03

I think Solden is the place that struck me as high, but lower resort. Mayerhoffen too, but those go against your Austria location.

I've skied les deux alpes and the glacier takes quite a bit of getting to, so that might be the same.

We took a baby to Tignes and it was fine, but I know the very cautious brochures carry a warning. Same for Cervinia.

jo164 Thu 08-Jun-17 14:52:33

How about Scandinavia? No issue with altitude but plenty of Easter snow. You may have to be prepared to book it all independently though as not many tour operators continue packages until Easter. Levitate in Finland, Are in Sweden are a couple to look at. Lots of other activities as well.

jo164 Thu 08-Jun-17 14:53:35

That's Levi

wren23091 Thu 08-Jun-17 14:59:13

I've been to La Tania twice and snow has been reliably decent, but that's Feb rather than Easter. Val Thorens has lovely skiing and reliable snow, but it's a hotspot for students so might not be so much your cup of tea!

Alwaysinahurrynow Thu 08-Jun-17 17:07:41

Thanks for all the suggestions. We've gone for Peisey-Vallandry as the mid-point between Les Arcs and La Plagne. Fingers crossed for late snowfall!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now